ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 196 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#54069 07/15/05 11:29 PM
Joe,

Lately I've decided to get serious and trim down too. I make it to the Gym at least 3 times and get in 8-10 hours of Tennis a week.

Bill

Bill
#54070 07/16/05 05:56 AM
S
I too, go to the gym every other day early in the mornin... hit the treadmill 1st and walk fast for 20 to 30 minutes, then use the weight machines to keep my legs, arms and tummy toned...

Don't eat alot of bread and potatoes, stay away from juke food like cookies, ice cream, soda and candy. Eat lots of fruit and vegies, drink lots of water...

shortcircuit

#54071 07/16/05 06:48 AM
I've never had to set foot inside a Gym to this day.
My work as a Faultsman keeps me fit.
As well as working for a 400+ callout per year Fire Brigade, keeps me in shape.
Plus being a Station-Officer (Training) here I like to do the same courses as the new fellas.
By God some of the Hot Fire training is rough on the system. [Linked Image]

#54072 07/16/05 07:32 AM
gfretwell,
"I tried running 5 miles a day and a week later I woke up in ....."

Erm... I think the idea is to go home after each run!

Elzappr,
Sorry to read about your Dad. Most of what I wrote was kind of tongue-in-cheek 'Old Codger' stuff. I lead a reasonably active life, am not overweight and am very moderate in my consumption of food and alcohol. I like vegetables and fruit, smoke very little, (not cigarettes). I do think that you can overdo the physical excercise bit - OK to go to the gym to tone up, but after that walking or cycling might be a better option, especially when in your fifties. I am now 15 years older than Pop, older than Ma and 20 years older than my elder sister. It's all a bit of a lottery I'm afraid, what with genetics, accidents and diseases. We are all mortal, the important thing is to pack as much into your alloted span as possible- this is not a rehearsal.

Electricmanscott,
I think you may be slightly overdoing the chest excercises. [Linked Image]

Alan

[This message has been edited by Alan Belson (edited 07-16-2005).]

Wood work but can't!
#54073 07/16/05 08:00 AM
E
Electricmanscott,
I think you may be slightly overdoing the chest excercises.

I ain't sayin' nuttin' ! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Electricmanscott (edited 07-16-2005).]

#54074 07/16/05 08:31 AM
However,
For you new guys that don't know, I've had a Heart Attack and have worked back from that.
You can listen to any Doctor that you like.
I've halved my Cholestrol level since I had my Coronary and I am still smoking.
I'm not ashamed of smoking, You could die of worse things.
In my line of work you could die a long slow cruel death from serious burns.
You could also be hit by a fully laden bus tomorrow.
My point is, enjoy life while you have it, it could be gone before you even realise what has happened. [Linked Image]

#54075 07/16/05 11:14 AM
W
I just picked 20 quarts of strawberrys, My wife is headed to the store to get heavy cream and tonight I plan on making ice cream, thats diet food isn't it????. [Linked Image]

#54076 07/16/05 11:23 AM
I
walrus

I just picked 20 quarts of strawberrys, My wife is headed to the store to get heavy cream and tonight I plan on making ice cream, thats diet food isn't it????.

That sounds great, do you have enough for every one? [Linked Image]

I think I found the answer for many of us, connect our PCs to a pedal powered generator.

Stop peddling and the PC and it's connection to the forums goes down. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
#54077 07/16/05 11:55 AM
Twenty QUARTS !! Blimey! How big is your patch? We have an 8 yards x 2 yards strawberry patch and they only last 2 weeks in season. Variety is "Cambridge Favourite", an old-English one not favoured by supermarkets due to odd shapes. With cream! Oh! THE delight of being on our flourishing green planet! We like to cook up a batch of jam for the winter too, as we don't like them frozen.
Looking forward now to the 'Runner Beans*', which is a must-have summer vegetable for the true Brit!

Alan

* 'Pole beans', they spiral up sticks to over 6 ft, South American Rainforest origin, I believe.

Wood work but can't!
#54078 07/16/05 12:47 PM
S
After years of excess (mostly beer and fast food), I am trying to trim down. The first step for me was quitting smoking after 20+ years and I've been succesful at that. I try to walk at least 4-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes at a time after work and dinner. Last week I actually started running but sometimes I dont have time for either because I've been working a lot of overtime lately. I used to play ice hockey but gave that up about a year ago. I've also stayed away from soda for the most part. I have to admit though that I have set aside one day a week to "pig out" and I usually do this on my one day off per week on Sunday.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard