ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 224 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
I bring my sandwich, soda, small snack and small bag of chips.

J
Since I'm attending the "HS" tech center I usually go to the neighboring high school's cafeteria. Sometimes I come back and buy a snack instead.

JFW
J
leftovers again.

[This message has been edited by jwhite (edited 12-27-2005).]

Trumpy Offline OP
Mr jwhite,

We all like a joke, but.......

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 12-30-2005).]

J
I do a lot of work in New York City, which makes for a very expensive lunch. Typically the van is parked five or six blocks away, and it gets too hot in the summer to really bring anything with me, and too cold in the winter to want to have cold soup or a frozen sandwich, really makes it hard to want to bring lunch. If I can get lunch for under $10/day I am happy, if I am feeling adventuress I will go to one of the street carts for some "chicken" & rice, usually about $6 with a soda. If my PM comes out then lunch is never under $15, and I see him at least once a week. If I brought lunch I can't even imagine how much I would save.

B
depends on what I can find in the customers kitchen [Linked Image]

J
The help can eat whatever they want as long as they are back working in thirty minutes.
One stand fast rule we have – no trips to the port-a-john after 12:00 noon or your pay is docked thirty minutes.

Most don’t eat anything nor drink water on those hot summer days, they say they can’t afford to.

This is an attempt to inject a little humor in this thread.

Mike
Trumpy Offline OP
Briselec,
depends on what I can find in the customers kitchen
I've heard about you Aussie sparkies and this aspect of the job, I thought it was all myth and legend until I saw a programme on TV one night.
That blew that theory out of the water. [Linked Image]

B
Breakfast and lunch, I eat out almost every day. Costs a fortune. So it's definitely on my list of things to do: I need to start packing lunches into work. Get a wide-mouth vacuum-insulated thermos and start making up chilli or pasta and such.

Apparently a good thermos can really do the trick. Just the other day one of the guys I work with forgot about his coffee all day and it spent eight hours sitting in eighteen degree wind-chill. Opened it up at the end of the day, and the coffee was still steaming hot. Made me a believer.

-John

S
I always keep slim jims in my bag, and usually granola bars too. Slim jims are just perfect as a backup snack- they last forever, are indestructable, and the grease and protein is filling enough to tide me over a good while until the next meal [Linked Image]

As far as actual lunch goes, I've found bagel sandwiches hard to beat; they're filling, don't get crushed like bread and last OK without refrigeration.

When I'm in the office, I usually just nuke leftovers. If I'm out of leftovers, I'll often mix a can of soup with a can of vegetables.

[This message has been edited by SteveFehr (edited 12-31-2005).]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard