ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 271 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#50181 04/07/05 03:09 PM
D
Derater - glad you got most of your stuff back.

I have to jab you a little about one thing, however:

I have a wheel gun,but I don't know about killing someone for 'stuff';wounding maybe.....

Did this a**hole bother to give you the courtesy of "wounding" you but "only" taking your screwdrivers? How about only "wounding" you by "just" taking your meters. or digicam?

No. He went for the kill shot. I feel lucky in that, while a good majority of my tools were taken last april I had another (full time) gig to still pay the bills while I couldn't pull wire.

Don't fall for the "oh, it's only stuff" routine. That's an excuse for less than immediate investigation, or for lax punishment by the courts,

"Stuff" is my Xbox or TV... my lawnmower... my cooler, my fishing poles.

The items I use in my trade are my lifeline. If anyone attempts to deprive me of the tools I use to provide for my family by force, I will do everything in my power to stop them from a) doing it to me and b)having the chance to ever do it to anyone else ever again.

BTW, if you don;t think you can kill someone, then never point a gun at 'em. [Linked Image]

#50182 04/08/05 09:04 PM
J
I think a dog with no voice box hiding in the van waiting for the door to open would be a very nice option.

#50183 04/08/05 09:50 PM
E
e57 Offline
GPS

300 up front for the stuff, and 7 a month min for the service.

Being able to find your truck in a few minutes....

Priceless!

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#50184 04/09/05 11:02 AM
L
When I lived up in northern ca. on an Indian reservation I had a dog that stayed in my work van most of the time. If I said OK she would let you get stuff out of my truck if not you got bitten. She was a good girl. When I was working for a friend who knew the dog very well he thought he could just get in and grab a wrench...he was wrong. When Little Bit was in the van she was working. Best security around. She also helped pull wire under houses pretty good. Rod

#50185 04/09/05 06:58 PM
Cat Servant
Today...with the plague of brazen meth-heads....I think it's time to start considering the rope again.

Recently had an extension cord vanish on a job. The mexican sheet-rock crew new nothing...untill they learned that the generator, gas, and cord were all mine, left there for their express use.....then they suddenly knew exactly who had used the cord every moment of the day- and supported me when I asked the gringo sprinkler contractor about the cord that "accidentally" made it into his truck!

It only takes one such person to turn a great jobsite into pure hell.

#50186 04/14/05 07:54 AM
S
This is not an ad just a suggestion: http://www.gpsonsale.com/vehicletrackingdevices/products/GPS-CAR-TRACK/GPS-CAR-TRACK.htm
There are others as well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard