ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
People that own milwaukees dont seem to have problems taking the batteries off. But if you want to have some fun, have your helper try to get a battery off an older tool [Linked Image]

F
"One thing I found out, don’t plug your chargers into an inverter. The waveform isn't a true sinusoidal wave and the manufactures say it will damage the batteries. I found that out after I tried to make a cheap car charger."
After reading this statement I became concerned as I have charged my Porter Cable, Dewalt and Milwaukee batteries on my service truck with a 900W inverter for the last 3 years. I posted a question on the Milwaukee Heavy-Duty web site asking if they advised against using an inverter or if it would cause poor battery performance. Their response was they test all of their chargers for use with inverters and state that if the inverter is rated 220W minimum that it wasn't any problem. They said their chargers buffer any waveform modification or distortion.

R
Hi,

I have used the Dewalt and I just bought the Milwaukee. Milwaukee you can get all the combo plus the jobsite radio. They just started another promo last week and you can get 2 additional batteries, the multi bay charger or an additional radio still for just 429.00. I was kicking myself for chucking the box two weeks ago and just finding this out. I don't know where you are looking but if you look up tool depot off of Rosecrans in San Diego they have this special. I had Makitas for years and the new M-Force is total junk. I decided to switch to Milwaukee since everything else I have is that with the exception of my DeWault 6" grinder that I really like too.

It does not matter if you win or lose but how you lay the blame :-)
G
I used to use a yankee cordless with variable speed for quite a while until makita came out back in the day. Makita is best in my opinion. just had to jump in .. have not posted for quite awhile...

Fun !

H
I have the 4 piece 18v Dewalt kit with 4 batteries. I have had this kit and batteries now for about 3 years with out any problems. I will say I have had some bad experiences with there batteries in the past but I found that as long as I keep the batteries at full charge they seem to last longer. I do use an inverter in my van to run all my chargers but I also have a triplet ferro. power conditioner plugged into the inverter and the chargers plugged into the triplett. The conditioner changes the square wave back into a sinusoidal wave thru the ferro transformer. Before I use to drain the batteries fully before recharging them, this I found was more damaging to them then helpful. The newer batteries and chargers don't require this and the batteries last longer. as long as you don't leave then in a state of discharge for too long. Even if I just drill one hole for the day it goes back on charge. or if I use a battery off and on for more than three hours I will put it back on charge and get another even though it still has plenty of power left. after ajusting to this I found the batteries was lasting much longer.

Be Fair, Be Safe
Just don't be Fairly Safe
2000xp8 Offline OP
"Milwaukee you can get all the combo plus the jobsite radio. They just started another promo last week and you can get 2 additional batteries, the multi bay charger or an additional radio still for just 429.00. "

Roger, if you read back a page, this was part of the reason i started this post. The free radio is a nation wide deal through milwaukee, you just download the coupon from the milwaukee website. Same goes for the 3 bay charger or 2 extra batteries.

BTW, it's more cost effective to take the 2 free batteries than it is to take the radio.
Ebay price for the radio is around $75 price for the batteries is around $120.

NJ licensed electrician
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard