here in miami, the power system is very diverse, with about an equal mix of overhead and underground... most older neighborhoods are overhead, 7200 to ground or 13,200 to ground (different areas different voltages) at my house, we have 3ø feeders (336 kcmil maybe larger) that dead end on out property line, we have a single 25KVA transformer feeding our house and the one across the street.. were the only ones on our block fed from the front.. all others are fed from poles in the rear, which have a single phase line and a transformer ever 2 or 3 poles, between the tx poles there runs a 120/240 "bus" which house services are tapped off of. in some neighborhoods, they use 50-100kva's to feed a lot of large houses, i have seen transformer condition sheets (we get them when we do secondary faults) and FPL loads a lot of them up to 150% or more of their rated capacity.. in underground neighborhoods, there are about 2 transformers per block (depends on block size) they are usually 75kva or 100 kva, each tx feeds around 8 or so houses.. miami is an interesting city power wise.. i think the rigging here looks nice, a lot nicer than in other places ive seen..

-m

Remember when you read my posts, im only 17, still learning... "Hey, its takes what it takes!"