I think it’s understood that if someone is taking a bath, and a running hair dryer falls in, they will be electrocuted. What I don’t understand is why? I understand that the human body is a better conductor then tap water, but why would the current travel through the human? Assuming that the drain is the only ground, and the person isn’t touching anything, wouldn’t the current travel directly from the hair dryer to the drain? What if the person is sitting at one end of the tub, and the hair dryer falls in directly over the drain? Would they still be shocked?