ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 510 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hiya All!
Welcome to ECN! [Linked Image]
I'm a service electrician in Southern California, came across ECN while looking up some code references & became addicted to the vast resources of electrical information, not to mention the personalities of members, moderators & of course, our webmaster that make coming back here always a pleasure.. Just to get an idea of the family thats here, click below https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002850.html

-Randy

Welcome to all you new folks!
Don't feel apprehensive about posting questions, answers, or any other wholesome thing. (I honestly felt near terror the first time I punched the "submit" button.)
We're all here to help each other, and this is about the most friendly bunch of people I've found anywhere.

Make yourself at home, and thanks for being here!...S

D
Hey Bill,

Thanks for having such a great site here. I've spent about 10 hours wandering around. It's been a humbling experience reading the posts of the proffesional & well-educated electricians, engineers & inspectors.

I'm an electrical contractor from northern Illinois where the electrician's test is easy & the inspectors are gentlemen.

I especially want to thank you for the safety area, which has taught me to put the gloves on & disconnect what I'm working on. You may have added years to my life.

Dave

D
P.S.
Where's the spell-checker on this?

"proffesional"

Dave

J
Hello Everyone

I'm an electrician from the Texas Panhandle. I've been lurking a while -- reading all the past posts-- catching up. My wife is always wondering just what exactly I'm reading and thanks to the EC&M article I got to show her how big this community is.

Looking forward to adding my two cents and soaking up all the knowledge I can from everyone.

Thanks, Bill

JLane

M
Hello all, I am 27 years old and live in northwest Indiana. My day job is an equipment operator/electrician at a stone quarry. I also do some residential, farm and light commercial electrical work on the side. I am working up to my own business some day. I am addicted to this site for all the great knowledge here. You guys are wonderful. Thanks for all the great information, and hopefully some day I can answer many of these questions.

Thanks again, Kevin

Hey Guys!,
I'd just like to echo the comments of Scott(Electure).
It's great to have you guys along here and yes we are here to help one another.
There may only be 3 people here from the Southern Hemisphere at ECN, but I feel more comfortable talking to the folks from the Northern hemisphere, than I do to people down the street. [Linked Image]
But, it's good that more of you are coming to this site, Bill is doing a great job here, I just hope that we get more of you new folk coming in and enjoying what ECN has to offer.
And believe me, it's got plenty!. [Linked Image]

B
Hi all-
I too have been lurking, time to come out and say hi. I am from eastern Washington State. I usually work on industrial jobs, and will soon be starting a new business.

I
Sorry to get in late but Welcome to all the new members, very happy to have you join in.

Jump right in answer or ask some questions, there is no flaming here so do not worry that your question may be simple.

There are many code questions that seem simple at first but may not be as clear as we expect.

Happy Posting.

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
It's nice to hear from some new people.
Welcome aboard!

Let's keep it going, Anyone else??

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5