ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 376 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#31278 11/15/03 08:47 PM
J
JohnnyB Offline OP
I got this call for no cooling in a residence. I go to the guy and tell him their is no power at his disconnect box. He tells me he just had an electrician there to do a bunch of work. I proceed to trace the power around his house trying to find the point where it’s broken. HO is getting nervous because I'm charging him hourly. He tells me that he's had this addition put on and the electricians finished it and now his AC doesn’t work. I tell him that what I'm going to find is a box that he dry walled in and the wire nuts or wire is broken in that box. Sure enough I pull a cabinet off the wall and there is the box. I tell him that when I take that cover off there is a wire pulled out of a nut, and sure enough that’s what it was. See the electricians couldn’t find the box to pull the right length of wire for there run so they just pulled and so all the lights worked and they figured they were done. I pulled the wire and fixed it for him and told him to try to get the money from the electrician. Needless to say he'd let me come to his house to do anything from that point.

#31279 11/15/03 09:17 PM
R
Johnny, obviously the job was not permitted and inspected or this box would not have been covered.

It seems to me you now have an agenda to justify your performing electrical work without a license.

I don't know how it is in other areas but where I'm at we have a 1-1 license to apprentice ratio, if any person of any expertise charges a fee for electrical work without a license they will be disciplined.

This can mean revocation of occupational licenses.

The suppliers are not going to change their attitudes and license holders are not going to change theirs.

Let's move on.

Roger

#31280 11/15/03 09:25 PM
J
JohnnyB Offline OP
Right enough.....

Link Copied to Clipboard