ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#29975 10/01/03 09:45 PM
G
Kind of related, these posts jogged a few memories. Opened up an outside panel and it had a black substance on the buss. Looked up on the main lugs and there was a frog across the two phases and he had burned up so much it was just a skeleton. Also found a dead cat under a house and then when i went to crawl out of the space that was only about a foot and a half, there was a huge spider about the size of the palm of my hand. Thought about it for a long time and just had to ease out on my back with my face looking right at him wondering if he'd jump on me.

#29976 10/01/03 10:31 PM
F
one of project i was working not too long ago one of the apt complex, i was rewiring the apartment and went in the attic and found old kenorse lamp with refector and old oil stove. yeah this is oil stove it do burn on diesel fuel or kenoese for fuel for stove and bear in mind this is a hevey sucker this weight about little over 300 pounds!!! don't ask me how it got up in the attic in first place and few old papers from late 18 th and early 19 centenry newpapers . and found old screwdriver too it rather look odd shape .

merci , marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

#29977 10/10/03 06:39 PM
G
Oh, by the way, the other day I was at work and dropped my inch and a half KO with the big bolt down the wall and tried everything to get it back but couldn't. If one of you guys happens to run across it, I would appreciate it if you brought it back.

#29978 10/13/03 11:26 PM
N
UPDATE
The house I refered to on my previous post now looks like swiss cheese. Tha cops were there for 3 days looking thru the walls and tearing them down. They also found several stolen guns, knives and hidden money. (Why didn't I find it first [Linked Image] [Linked Image]) Guess the bank will have a long time before this place is ready to be fixed up for sale. Place still has police tape on it. [Linked Image]

ed
#29979 10/14/03 11:38 AM
H
Remodeled old house in the country and found ancient doll. Rag style, with ceramic head, hands, feet. I always stick magazines and coins etc. in the walls of all my jobs...

#29980 10/14/03 12:11 PM
S
It's always fun to find old newspapers in the walls....to read while you rest a bit.

When I removed the old bathroom sink at home the idiot who had installed it wedged a roll of 1970s or 1980s sales circular from some long-defunct chain dept store to keep the sink straight against the wall..

While most of the pages were stuck together there was one page that had a lineup of TV sets -- it was sort of interesting to see 13" black and white TV sets with the dial tuners along side 19" COLOR TV sets with push button tuning boasting REMOTE CONTROL!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#29981 10/15/03 06:43 PM
P
old beer cans!first can made in late 1934(krueger beer)ihave a collection of several hundred vintage,valuable steel beer cans.several are valued at $1000.00 plus u.s.
found many of them on remodel jobs and it grew into a hobby.
once found a 4'square chunk of concrete under a house i was remodeling.the homeowner said it was her sister who died as an infant 50 years ago.the entombed her under the house?i had to have a priest do an exorcism before my helper would go back under the house.that was a bit strange come to think of it.

#29982 10/17/03 09:44 PM
C
I found an empty bottle of vodka in the ceiling of the ICU isolation room in a hospital I did some work in.

#29983 02/23/04 11:34 PM
A while back, (around July, 2000) I ended up on a job where someone wanted to turn an old convalescent home, which had been turned to offices,.. into a private school. The original structure dated to the 50's & every do-it-yourselfer in Los Angeles county must've been in this place. anyways, the fun started right from the beginning, all done in steel flex, (not a single ground in the place though), old Zinsco subpanels, & LOTS of wiring that seemed to go nowheres.. I opened every recept, switch & light in that place, I'd tug the wires trying to find the other end & nothing... I'd hear the wires moving, but where was the ^&%$*%$ other end! I finally came to a room that had the plaster removed on one side & noticed 2- 4/0 boxes about eye level that were buried on the opposing side... Turned out that these were for the old "reading" lights from the conv hospital days & everything in each room junctioned there. Soooo, to avoid having to pay for one of us electricians to come in & rework things the right way, they stuffed each box full of the perfect insulator, The LA Times! dating back to Feb 1977! A couple of them had signs from burning, indicating to me that the building was still standing simply because of a lack of oxygen in those boxes... We finally talked the General & Property owner into gutting everything & starting fresh vs. the band-aid they thought they were going to get away with

#29984 02/24/04 03:24 PM
G
Found an old wooden yard stick,in mint condition,house is only about 50 yrs old,did they actually use these back then?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard