I have stripped coaxial cabletv wires with side-cutters. I know a few old school installers that used razor blades. I guess I vote for what works best for you.
Does anybody use the needlenose (like in Joe's picture) that have the stripping hole in the knives. It strips only a #12, but if you've got a lot of that to do, they work great, and feel real solid. The best of both worlds, maybe? (The ones by Klein & Ideal, not a pair that were blown out by cutting the "wrong wire", although I'll bet that's where they got the idea )
Electure I saw somewhere that the T-stripper idea actually did come after someone burnt a hole in their linesmans while cutting a hot wire. It was perfect sized for #12. I think the form to submit an idea to Ideal had a T in the name somewhere, and it was named after that. I have a T-stripper that has a precision cut with electricity #6 stripping hole
[This message has been edited by sparked (edited 11-06-2003).]