ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 44 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
I would like to see the data from an independant testing lab showing the before and after currents of a properly calibrated lab test. In a field enviroment the load is constantly changeing. How can you know if the power change is a result of your treatment or someone turning off a device somewhere?

E
jdevlin, As previously stated, we perform our work at the client's convenience, which is typically after hours/weekends, at which time the environment is controlled, ie, no employees turning lights/motors/etc on or off. It's up to the client to set that time when the elec flow will be as constant as possible when amp and volt readings are taken. All work is supervised by the client's project manager, who has to sign off on any readings taken, before or after.

E
Re consumption, the results are in the savings noted on the clients electricity bill following installation of our process. That's the most definitive 3rd party test one can have! And when a rep from the elec company comes out to find out why consumption has decreased by 20% from previous months, in a constant production environment,what can ya say?

R
What's the difference if your power is being consumed by I^2R losses or by the end load? Total power will be total power either way. Your loads just don't run at rated spec with I^2R losses. Either way consumed power is the same. Decrease I^2R losses and loads will run at spec. and consume more power.

S
SJT Offline
I wonder if every connection, in every disconnect, breaker panel, and everthing that was associated with electrical distribution, had penetrox applied to the ends of the wires before they went under the lugs, nuetral bars, or termination points would make a diffrence in the final bill. I know a few sparkys that coat the ends of the wires, to prevent oxidation and corrosion. This is done whether the panel is inside or outside. I would be interested to see this stuff in action. Does it look like penetrox?

W
Electro2
Are these chemical mixed on site as determined by the first visit ? ,, Amount of corrosion, ?
Aside from the obvious really bad deteriorated corroded connections how do you determine what the power loss is at any particular termination ?
Do you ever turn a job down because the customer doesnt need this 'Magic Bullet '?
Don makes an excellant point 3000 watts/kva lost at terminations is a bit much not to cause a serious heating problem.
Old saying: if it sounds too good to be true ... it probably isnt true.

Wm.Colt

B
Post the USPTO database link and 29CFR1910.1200 compliance data.

R
We treat the electrolysis buildup on electrical circuits. I’m sure you will agree that electrolysis is a continual, recurring problem in electrical circuits.
No, I don't agree. Electrolysis only occurs in damp or wet locations. Electrical connections should not be in damp or wet locations.
We treat each one of the connections and obtain savings of 1-2% at each connection. When the TOTAL savings is read at the meter, we have, on an average, reduced electrical consumption by 20%.
When you look at my 240 volt, 80 amp circuit, even if you spread the 3000 watts out over 10 connection points, you are telling us that there is a 300 watt loss at each point on average. This is still too much heat for the connection not to rapidly fail. This would mean that there would have to be a 37.5 volt total voltage drop across the 10 points. A circuit with a 15.6% voltage drop is not a properly functioning circuit.
What are the voltage drop readings at a connection, before and after your treatment? Show me some real world numbers. Circuit voltage, load, and voltage drop both before and after on a ciruit that you have treated.
Redsky: Your comments are a result of being uninformed. No need to address them.
That comment is no more unbelievable than what you are telling us.
Don

Don(resqcapt19)
R
electro2,
How does a company "qualify" for your treatment and what is the US patent number for this "miracle" product?

Don(resqcapt19)
electro2,
I fully realise the principles and effects of Electrolysis, being from a place like New Zealand(which is pre-dominantly coastal and damp), corrosion-control is high on our list of priorities, over here.
If petroleum is an inhibitor, to current flow, why then is it used in Fuel-Cell technology,eh?.
Also, as a Line Mechanic, jointing of dis-similar metals, is something that I do quite frequently and we have proper jointing devices and treatments for this
procedure, especially considering that all of my joints are continuously exposed to the weather.
Finally, just like to ask you a question, if I may?.
What good is it to coat the end of a wire, with your product, when an even greater amount of energy may be lost, due to voltage drop and capacitive effects along the rest of the length of the cable?. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 04-18-2003).]

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard