ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
I really haven't got serious about it because this seems to be the only place that has that security setting so far, Everywhere else I am going seems OK with it by simply using the IMG tags.

Greg Fretwell
G
[Linked Image from gfretwell.com]

Test

Last edited by gfretwell; 04/30/21 08:09 PM.

Greg Fretwell
Don't know why, but:

Windows 8.1 PC:

MS Edge: Can't see
Google Chrome: No
Firefox 88.0 64-bit: (same Computer): No

Everyone: what is your experience?

Last edited by Bill Addiss; 04/30/21 10:39 PM.

Bill
L
Firefox 88.0 64-bit on a Win 10 computer also did not display the image. I copied the https link embedded in the HTML coding directly into a browser window and Firefox still did not display the image, but came up with a warning about the page not being secure. The reason was that it uses an untrusted self signed certificate. So it looks like it's a certificate issue.

G
The last one just had an "S" tacked on to the HTTP. I was pretty sure that wasn't going to work. When I get a minute I will talk to my web host and see what it takes to make it a real HTTPS

Greg Fretwell
FYI, I’m here on my iPad and Gregs image is not accessible.

The pic of he walkway in his yard is OK, and interesting. All tha foliage and no real fireflys??

John
L
That explains it - a real https connection will require a server side SSL certificate.

G
I think it is too hot for fireflies here or maybe the Purple Martins eat them. We see one or two now or them but not often.

Greg Fretwell
N
Is your fire hydrant functional, or purely decorative?

G
Originally Posted by NORCAL
Is your fire hydrant functional, or purely decorative?

Just for the dogs. Somebody mowed it down up at the end of the street and it laid there on the side of the road for a month or so. One day I saw DOT there putting in the new one and I asked them what they were doing with the old one. The guy said it was damaged too bad to use again and if I wanted it I could have it but they weren't going to help. I had my Prelude and I figure they thought I would try to pick it up and quit. The thing weighed a couple hundred pounds with the pipe that was still attached on the bottom.
I drove down in the swale next to it, got it tilted up and got the top end in the floor of the front seat and flipped it in the car. It barely cleared the door but it fit. They were just shaking their head when I closed the door, thanked them and drove away. It is just stuck in the ground but the 3 feet of pipe anchored it pretty well, If you look close you can see the big outlet is crooked. That was what got broken. It is just wedged in there. The Daffy paint job was for my wife. She is a Daffy fan.

Greg Fretwell
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard