ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 261 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
N
Originally Posted by HotLine1
Norcal:

Well, EWR (Newark Liberty Airport) has undergone a few changes for the better since '06 in case you ever get back here.

We're a diverse state and have some interesting areas other then the airport area. Crowded? Yes.

I've been to Ca, SF down to Tijuana and back up to LAX, but that was in 1986. It was a great ride.

Stay safe.

I am 90 miles north of Sacramento, SF is quite a ways south of me, was rather strange that there was fog in SF while driving across the Golden Gate Bridge one June.

G
I have been through New Jersey a few times, visited AC but I also lived there for a while a couple of times. In 1965 I spent the winter in Cape May being hollared at by professionals (USCG boot camp) and I did an extended stay in Elizabeth (Tony Soprano land) in winter/spring 72 with IBM, commuting to 2 Penn Plaza on Amtrak. It is an interesting place but a little cold for me. I understand if you get out in the country it is more like Pennsylvania or central New York.

Greg Fretwell
F
Great Discussion.

G
I have a funny feeling this demand to raise the minimum wage and include tipped workers may end tipping as we know it. Tips were meant to supplement a small basic wage. If that money shows up on the check, people will be less likely to leave tip.
The downside for everyone is there is no way to reward good service over bad service.

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy Offline OP
Originally Posted by HotLine1
but our state fathers refuse to allow it by law.
John,
I can't help but think that is quite antiquated and set in the 50's-60's when there were less motor vehicles.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard