ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#221122 01/15/21 01:09 AM
R
Hi there,

Would you mind answering a very short survey? Basically, I'm part of a research team that's trying to develop a tool belt for electricians - something more practical and not heavy, hard to wear, and restricting. It's a very short one because it's supplementary to our research but invaluable nonetheless.

Survey link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCRIWt4W_AIWzKMtQzg3MOe7qjBYr5D7LUb3oLYjWlxlIu8A/viewform

Thanks to the admin as well, for allowing me to conduct one here.

Hope to get a response from you folks.

Last edited by Roger_Dunn; 01/15/21 01:18 AM.
Input sent, Roger. smile
I am an Electrician that wears a tool-belt day in day out.
It needs to be comfortable, given the amount of walking I do with it on.

I bought a new tool-belt early last year, after the leather one I had owned for 20 years just wore out.
I bought my tool-belt from the people that made my old tool-belt and they made me a leather belt
to go with it, not one of them silly nylon webbing belts that always scrunch into a half-round tube,
where it goes through the top of the tool-belt.

Personally, for me, I would not ever buy a tool-belt that is not made of real leather of a certain thickness.
I see people with really cheap tool-belts made of nylon or "cowhide" and the like, that is fine if you like to
buy a new one every so many months, if you do a lot of work, this level of quality is for apprentices. grin

Last edited by Trumpy; 01/15/21 04:55 AM.
R
Thanks Trumpy! Appreciate your input.

When I was working with my tools I carried them in a Klein double pocket nylon rig with padded suspenders and belt. It was super comfortable.
The nylon belt didn't have any downward pressure on it and never stretched . It was washable in the kitchen sink

Back when I had tools, I had a Klein pouch with web belt. The pouch was leather and lasted for at least 15 years but looked it's age. The web belt (crunched up like Trumpy said) lasted about 6 months if that and was replaced with a leather belt. From a local vendor at a flea market, and real leather. That lasted till I retired the pouch and tools.

Nothing like soft thick real leather for the belt and pouch IMHO.

John

Link Copied to Clipboard