ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Trumpy Offline OP
Well,
New Zealand is stuck in Level 2, until last Sunday, Auckland (our biggest city) was in Level 2.5 (everyone outside of Auckland was equally confused by that, we had no idea there were half measures).
Most of the disease clusters are based in Auckland, there was a petition on-line to build a wall around Auckland.
I had the idea that it should be filled with water afterwards, unfortunately, no-one liked that idea. frown

Trumpy #220953 09/08/20 01:57 PM
G
That's strange because to read the stuff we see in this half of the world says you have that virus beat and other than quarantining visitors you are wide open.

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy #220957 09/08/20 02:34 PM
Some form of 'near normal' is setting in here in NJ.

Indoor dining at 25% capacity started Friday 9/4 and most things are open with masks and social distance rules.

We were out over the weekend, and still sat outside to eat. Our choice as it was a beautiful day.

We have a quarantine list of states that IF we travel there, we have to quarantine for 14 days. The list changes at the Governors data points, like ROI.

John
Trumpy #220961 09/09/20 09:12 PM
B
I heard a guy on TV saying that the Corona viruses are viruses that spread more in the fall and winter, and that it could really blow up this fall/winter. I hope he is wrong but I have a suspicion he is correct and we may see it worse this winter than it was earlier in the year.

Trumpy #220963 09/10/20 12:13 PM
BigB

I guess only time will tell.

It is also going to be flu season, so it could be a real mess.

John
Trumpy #220965 09/10/20 03:14 PM
G
I suppose if there is good news it would be that the same things we do to mitigate Covid would cut down on flu transmission so flu might not be bad this time around.

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy #220966 09/11/20 07:13 PM
Grandkids went back to school this week... sort of... 2 Days in school, and 3 Days home.

I'm not confident that will even last as apparently the Bar to closing them back down is pretty low.

Bill

Bill
Trumpy #220967 09/11/20 09:25 PM
G
They just opened the bars here so I expect to see a spike and they might try to blame it on the schools. I know the colleges are not doing a lot of distancing. I guess, on the other hand, getting these people infected and cured will raise our herd immunity numbers a bit. CDC just came out today and pointed out the big break out in the numbers is age 70 for not surviving.

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy Offline OP
Originally Posted by gfretwell
That's strange because to read the stuff we see in this half of the world says you have that virus beat and other than quarantining visitors you are wide open.

Well, no, it's not like that at all here. mad
The media in the US, are using our situation over here, to try and stick it to the President.

The truth of the matter here is, the Government were SLACK, with requiring people to be tested and quarantined as they came into the country, this was even when we were under Level 4.
Some people weren't tested and travelled the length of the North Island and were found to test positive.

It then came out last week or the week before that they had not ever tested any of the front-line workers (doing the testing), until one of them fell ill, now I might be a mere electrician, but surely, wouldn't you require testing of people that are exposed to a virus, day in/day out?

There are people trying to get into New Zealand, because it is isolated from anywhere else in the world, like Hollywood actors, the rich and famous.
A pandemic like this is the great leveller, we don't care how much money or fame you have, we must look after the people that are already here.
And to be fair, the current Government has done a really poor job of looking after us, thank God it is election year!

Trumpy Offline OP
Originally Posted by gfretwell
I suppose if there is good news it would be that the same things we do to mitigate Covid would cut down on flu transmission so flu might not be bad this time around.

And Greg,
That's quite "funny" how that pans out, we've just been through winter here and the level of actual colds and flu's have been practically nil.
I mean you would normally have people sneezing all over the place or coughing without putting their hand over their mouth and that is how colds and flu's are transmitted.
One thing to take from this, if anything it has put back in place, common levels of hygiene when doing things like sneezing.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard