ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Businesses affected by COVID-19 should check out the Help that's available at SBA.gov

Paycheck Protection Program is a SBA backed loan which can be used to offset up to 8 weeks of payroll, rent, & utilities, that in some cases may not have to be paid back.

Also, larger financing may be available through COVID-19 Economic Injury Loan at a long term & low rate.

I understand they will start accepting applications this Friday. (04/03/2020)

https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources

Good Luck,

Bill
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
more info from SBA.gov regarding Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance, which can be applied for now:
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, small business owners in all U.S. states, Washington D.C., and territories are eligible to apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan advance of up to $10,000.

The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing. The loan advance will provide economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue. Funds will be made available within three days of a successful application, and this loan advance will not have to be repaid.

Apply online through your Business Bank for the Paycheck Protection Program with Applications starting 04/03/2020

Bill
Hey Bill,
Although this doesn't apply to me (or could it? grin ),
Thanks for posting this, a lot of people need some sort of help, considering they can't go to work due to a lock-down situation.

Everyone, should just stay at home and minimise the chances of this pandemic getting worse, keep within your "bubble".

G
This seems to only be available, or at least forgivable, if you have employees. My niece runs an sole proprietorship with her, her hubby and one of the kids. Nobody gets a W2 so there is no salary to protect and then it just becomes a loan. If you can demonstrate you kept paying employees they might forgive all or part of the loan, making it a handout. We had a banker on the news tonight saying the rules at this point are so nebulous that he has no intent on loaning out anything until they actually put rules in place he can count on.

Greg Fretwell
Greg,

As long as they're reporting the Income I think they should be eligible for something.

I might be wrong, by my understanding is if they can't work at all they may be able to get something under the new Unemployment rules. And if they can work, but have diminished income they may be able to get a Grant under the Economic Injury Loan program.

Bill
Originally Posted by Trumpy
Hey Bill,
Although this doesn't apply to me (or could it? grin ),
Mike, maybe you can tell them you work here... laugh

Bill
G
These things are all just loans and they are only forgivable if you can show 75% of the money went to an employee.

Greg Fretwell
Originally Posted by gfretwell
These things are all just loans and they are only forgivable if you can show 75% of the money went to an employee.
Are you assuming they wouldn't consider the Sole Proprietor an Employee? If so, I guess we'll have to see how that works...

But, according to the Fact Sheet below the Govt. considers income from Self-employment as payroll costs.

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP%20Borrower%20Information%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf

Not "official", but a quick Google found this:

The biggest perk of this program is that it can be almost entirely forgiven. You do not have to pay tax on any portion of the loan being forgiven (meaning the loan becomes tax-free grant). If you keep your payroll expenses consistent to what they were before the COVID-19 pandemic for a further eight weeks, including the salary paid and the number of employees paid, you could be eligible to have those expenses forgiven from your loan amount, as well as certain other expenses such as rent and utilities.

The good news is that if you are self-employed (and you are your only employee), this should be easy to achieve!

(from: https://bench.co/blog/operations/paycheck-protection-program-self-employed/)

dunno

P.S. - Does anyone have any experience, further or definitive info on these programs?

Last edited by Bill Addiss; 04/03/20 08:24 PM. Reason: Added P.S.

Bill
Well I do have a staff member, he is more "rodent control" rather than actual on-site tech.

G
The problem is she never paid herself or anyone else a salary.

Greg Fretwell
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard