ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 279 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
I open Task Manager and kill the popup window from there.
I'm worried about those sneaky Microsoft bullies pulling something exactly like twh describes.

Ghost307
J
I've upgraded just this week. Still getting used to it, but I'm sure it will grow on me.

I was forced to when I bought a new laptop, I prefer Win8, but getting used to it. If you have less than 8GB of RAM, it is a bit of a resource hog.

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
E
So here's what happened - I was working on my pc, went to make some coffee, when I was back it said something along those lines "80% of the windows10 update completed", had to quickly unplug and restart the PC, thank god the updated was not completed. Windows10 suck...

G
I put W10 on two laptops in autumn 2016. I had teething problems on the first, (I've posted previously), but waited a while for Microsoft to sort themselves out before doing the second. At one point I suspected there was some conflict with Google Chrome, and dumped that. Since then I can honestly say I've had no issues. (Touch wood!)

E
I had tentatively accepted Windows 10 on a couple of computers at the office...

... until Microsoft decided to push an update to the ui one day which undid ALL of my customized changes, showing me that, despite the ability to change settings, Microsoft doesn't actually care how *I* want my computer to work, and has no hesitation whatsoever to change it around their way...

... and then there's the day I walked into a client's office to fix something that should have taken 30 seconds and had to wait 20 minutes instead for a Windows update...

I have one desktop running Windows XP, a handful running Windows 7. My main PC and my laptop both run Debian (Linux).

J
I am using windows 10 for quite many years and its great.
I would suggest you upgrade yours to windows 10.
Its fast, user-friendly and a lot compatible then windows 7.

J
I recently switched back to windows 10 after using MacOS. It's mainly because of my job. So, far I enjoy it pretty much, except for some bugs I face occasionally. I wonder if you had the same issues?

G
I am staying with 7 until it stops working on things.

Greg Fretwell
1 member likes this: Trumpy
L
Hey there! I stumbled upon this thread while trying to find a solution to a similar issue. I just switched to Windows and was having trouble with Gens crashing in fullscreen mode too.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard