ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 483 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
These antennas are pretty far apart, about a quarter mile as far as I can tell.
I will look around the next time I am driving around in my golf cart and see how many I can spot. So far I only know of 2 in my neighborhood but there may be some I have not seen.
The last time I talked to my line man buddy, he did not know much about them. That was right about the time they installed them tho. Maybe he knows more about them. A different crew does this.

Greg Fretwell
T
twh Offline

G
There you go!
I guess I was looking for the wrong thing. I imagine there are some fat meters scattered around the neighborhood

Greg Fretwell
twh:

That is the most informative link to information that I have seen in a long, long time.

Thank You!!!

John
Yeah, I've gotta chuckle at the scatterbrains that think an RF signal is gonna roast their gonads! Wonder how many years they sat in front of a cathode ray tube pointed at their head and it never bothered them! Hah! Wonder what kind of meltdown they would have if they could actually hear the PLC signals like i can in the house!
I Still gleaned a lot of info from that write-up and some of the other links about the system. Thanks TWH
Just for reference, I figured out the extension on my meter is a Cooper PRT-850 http://www.cooperindustries.com/con...stems/CPS_PowerLineCarrier_CCU721_PR.pdf
& The Meter appears to be an Itron Centron https://www.itron.com/na/technology/product-services-catalog/products/0/7/5/centron

It's Not The Fall That Kills You...
It's That Sudden Stop At The End
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard