ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
As a trouble shooting test, I would jumper out that IG right at the place where the IG lands on the equipment end (connected to the EGC coming in with the supply) basically just eliminating the "isolated" part. IBM figured out in the early 80s that IG can cause more problems than it fixes, particularly if it is not connected right to the MBJ.
We ended up removing it from our recommendations.

Greg Fretwell
Potseal Offline OP
Thanks for the feedback. I will post back if something comes of this situation.

A malfunction at the junction
--------------------------------------
Dwayne
Potseal Offline OP
Update:

This has been a journey. One thing led to another and I'm currently trying to map out the all the grounding for these buildings...in my spare time.

As for the Electron Microscope? It hasn't had any issues as of late. Nonetheless, I did manage to collect some data and send it to the tech from Hitachi. I finally acquired a Fluke Scopemeter which I could use to measure the Neutral to Ground voltage. Despite being able to record this information the original software was no where to be found. At least $1200 worth of equipment and not only was the software missing but some other attachments including the cable for connecting to a computer. Very irritating. I have contacted Fluke to see if I can download a copy of the software from their site. Hopefully I'll have this meter ready to go the next time an issue pops up.

A malfunction at the junction
--------------------------------------
Dwayne
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard