ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 139 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Yup, it's a bit extreme!

In theorey Austrian landlords have been required to have the wiring tested every time a flat is rented out since 2008 but that law seems to have had very little effect.

There's also a heated debate on whether the law implies that the wiring has to meet current(!) standards or the standards of when it was done.
I decidedly read the latter but every electrician I've talked to so far insists on the former and will actually tell you to the face "Just ignore the law, I haven't seen a potential tenant who asked for the report yet!". Seriously!

My reasoning: the rental property law (short MRG) refers to the electro-technical law (short ETG), which in turn states that any wiring must comply with the regulations that were in force at the time of its installation. Furthermore, the MRG says that regardless of these demands, a 30 mA RCD must be fitted if not already present. Since any new socket wiring needs to be RCD protected anyway why include that paragraph if the wiring has to be brought to current standards anyway? IANAL but the general interpretation stinks I'd say.

R
Very interesting photo's on the Swiss electrical violation site.
I can read German and it is interesting to see these hazards picked up by the electrical inspectors.
Interesting to see so many failed or overheated Neutral connections on switchboards.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard