ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 92 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#216101 10/03/15 02:10 AM
S
I'm putting a class together and looking for some unique photographs. I'm very interesting in two type of pictures that I can use. Picture of clean installations that are a code violation and hastily or poor workmen like manner work that outside of sloppy installation practices, it's meets code. They are out there. I've seen them. Any good quality pics would be helpful. Thanx

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Broom Pusher and
Try the Photo Galleries here at ECN, such as:

ECN's Electrical Photos Gallery

and

ECN's Photo Discussion Forums

(click one of the above links to go to that home page)

Then again, you could always Google images meeting your criteria.

Good luck with your endeavors!!!

--Scott (EE)

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
W
Here's a few, from the above mentioned links
Kitchen tile over outlets
https://www.electrical-photos.com/showphoto.php/photo/319/title/tile-backsplash4-2f4/cat/501
Gas line in front of panel
https://www.electrical-photos.com/showfull.php?photo=456

Somewhere is a panel in a shower stall...

W

G
If you can track down Joe Tedesco, he has thousands of pictures. I am sure he has a web site.

Greg Fretwell
W
This looks like hell, but apparently meets code:
[Linked Image]
They used a scrap of romex for cable support. Looks unprofessional, but one could argue that the romex scrap is gentler on the wire (in that it's less likely to damage its insulation).

from this thread: https://www.electrical-contractor.n...porting_Romex_with_Romex.html#Post109781

S
Good pictures but I'm still looking. Have you have one of thoses fist impression of "nice job" moments then you see something majorly wrong? Or you look at a rats nest to find out outside of workmen ship, you don't find anything wrong with it?

I have one of a transfer switch somewhere on my external hard drive. Three parallel runs in and out, all nicely laid and terminated. Unfortunately each of the parallel legs were not slit among the conduits but each leg had its own conduit

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
N
I would say the NM conductors coming behind the 3 gang box does not meet code, 300.4(D) have some photos of some houses where "EC" would never enter any box from the bottom, every one had the cables enter the top, but the wiring was poorly done & of course passed inspection.

Due to the garbage electrical work & the references to "110" & "220" volts, I called them a DIY'er with a C10 contractors lic.

Originally Posted by gfretwell
If you can track down Joe Tedesco, he has thousands of pictures. I am sure he has a web site.

I don't know if it's still that way, but Joe "owns" (copyrights) all the images (even if they're sent to him by other people).

G
Old Joe seems to be in the wind. His web address is up for sale.

Greg Fretwell
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard