ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 414 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
I am just happy I warned a guy before he was already going to duck.

I like happy endings

My wife always says "be careful" when I stand on a chair.
Especially when it is a swivel rocker steelcase wink

Greg Fretwell
Cat Servant
Both objections were thoroughly discussed in the thread cited. Dwelling on these tangents only confuses the issue.

Death ... Let's see, complete respiratory and cardiac shutdown seems to qualify. Such a result sure isn't 'just a shock.' That man, like the monkey, was shaking hands with St. Peter when called back from Heavens' gate. They were simply dead until intervention brought them back. You want to argue 'near death' or 'partial death' or whatever, well, have fun playing Scrabble.

Blame? Fault? Yea- right ... with absolutely no knowledge of the situation, not even bothering to read the earlier thread, we're going to rag on the victim. Might make you feel like you're the smartest guy in the room, but pondering blame detracts from the point being made by my post:

It doesn't have to be anything extraordinary to kill you.

Look at the numbers .... I can't think of the last time someone was killed by a 50KV line. I doubt a week goes by without ordinary household current claiming someone.

Think about it: the biggest circuits in your home (HVAC, range and water heater) are the only ones not required to have any sort of additional 'fault' protection. No AFCI, no GFCI.

Reno:
I do not mean to confuse anyone; I thought I made my comment as straightforward as possible.

I had students at the Vo-Tech who used to say "I got electrocuted today at work"....much to my amazement that they made it to class, and almost on time.

The last death by electricity I was at was a painter on the transmission towers who got up to close to the 125+/- KV line, & on the fall down took out the other painter below him. One dead, one disabled.

AS to the comments made of 'fault', that is always going to enter any discussion. The points were well said, and IMHO not 'ragging'.

John
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard