There are installers in Mass making errors with the solar array wiring. When using a transformerless inverter such as the Power-One PVI 6000 TL, it is important to wire the solar array as ungrounded or "floating"
1. Not using white colored wire in string wiring.
2. Any field installed DC disconnect must break both negative and positive ungrounded conductors.
3. Any string fusing must also be in both ungrounded conductors.
4. Exposed string wiring must be PV type wire.
5. PV module whips must also be PV type wire.
Last edited by shortcircuit; 03/07/13 08:42 PM.