ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 422 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
First time I've actually laid eyes on a Riser Panel. I'm curious to know what kind of taps are made from the main conductors to the panel lugs (should we dignify this FPE by calling it a "panel"...). I wonder if the main disco in the basement is an FPE as well? Not a nice thought...

Mike (mamills)

T
Well, for german-speaking people "Dunner Vetter" is perfectly understandable. German spelling is "Donnerwetter"!

S
Although "Donnerwetter" literally translates to "thunder weather"....

Would "stormy weather" be a better translation?

I won't start singing the song. [Linked Image]

S
Tx,

I agree. What is with the 2 different sized conductors in the panel? Also check out the size of the neutral(?). It is hard for me to trace the wire nutted red wires.

The poor people above this guy who will also lose their apartment in the fire.

Is he really proud of this work????? [Linked Image]

Scott

L
I'd be inclined to just shut off the appropriate circuit breaker when the oven isn't in use. I rather like the idea of using two separate 30A 120V single-pole breakers rather than a double-pole 240V breaker, the 120V breakers won't draw attention if anyone looks inside (which is unlikely, unless I somehow cause some sort of electric-related problem that affects others)

is this guy for real. that's scary..

T
Sven, your translation hits the point as a translation, but "Donnerwetter!" is used just like "Dunner Vetter".

P
Isn't Blitzen the German for lightning? It sounds as though there might be Donner und Blitzen if this guy carries on as he intends.

Making a mess of the oven wiring is bad enough, now he's trying to fudge the panel so that nobody realizes what he's done. [Linked Image]

T
DonnerWetter is used as an exclamation around here. Gives you something to say, when you gotta say somethin', without saying something you'll regret later. The PA Dutch accent, the v's and w's are kindof used interchangeably. [Linked Image]
TW

T
Yeah, Blitz und Donner is definitely going to happen here.
Cheapsie 3way circuit is called here "Blitz-und-Donner-Schaltung. (the one where both screwshell and bottom contact of the bulb can become hot. The name comes from the short risk if the switches start arcing. -> thunder and lightning.) Or "Kreuz-und-Gewitter-Schaltung" (cross-and-lightning-storm-wiring). Short name is "short circuit 3way".

W
wageoghe:
You left out the best part, where he says at the end,, "The madness continues"

The only thing I can add is Well ignorance is certainly Bliss.

WOC

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard