ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#196359 09/28/10 03:46 AM
J
I just got this info from a contractor friend that does roofing.This will apply to all trades sec 20.112 a pre-1990 house/building that is to be demolished or renovated.Must have an risk assessment and asbestos survey done before conducting any work.Any thoughts on this new requirement?some

potential sources of asbestos are recessed lighting,range hoods,insulation on knob and tube wiring,outlets and switch boxs,light fixtures and main panel and fuse boxs.Canada mortgage and housing is involved with this program

M
Yes I have been hearing some fuss about project notices not getting to Worksafe offices before the projects started and the number of hazardous goods that were not being dealt with appropriately.

A lot of years ago I worked in an office that had spray on asbestos. I worry about that on occasion. No one wants to die from working or for that matter die at work.
There are so many layers of bureaucracy it is hard to actually get anything done too.

Link Copied to Clipboard