ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#195181 07/15/10 01:47 PM
J
JValdes Offline OP
Hello Again,
I am having an issue with playback on my PC. I have an external hard drive loaded with music. I am using windows media player. At the end of each song, I hear a breaking up sound. It only happens at the very end of every song. The reason I suspect the player, is because I have copied the hard drive to another for a friend and he does not have the issue/problem. Also, all music sent to my MP3 player does not do it either. Only playback from this PC. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.........John.

PS.....Common sense tells me to delete the player and download a new one. The player it seems is part of the OS as I do not find the player in add/remove programs. I am running Vista Home Premium.

Note: I am using my Kenwood stereo sound system for playback. I did not notice this before and I also found a win media player for firefox installed that I deleted.

Last edited by JValdes; 07/15/10 01:48 PM.
G
Try Winamp, it's free and has a better interface than WMP

winamp.com

Greg Fretwell
N
VLC media player is another good replacement:

http://www.videolan.org

<devilsadvocate>
There's also iTunes.
</devilsadvocate>

There are also a myriad of open-source players, two of which have already been recommended.

J
JValdes Offline OP
Originally Posted by NJwirenut
VLC media player is another good replacement:

http://www.videolan.org

That's what I downloaded and am using right now. It is supposed to real user friendly, but I am not so sure about that. I have corrected the problem I think?

I refuse to put anything Apple on my PC. Not that I don't like Apple. Apple and Windows do not mix very well. I know from experience. I took back my IPod and got a MP3 player instead. Much easier with MS.

J
JValdes Offline OP
Originally Posted by gfretwell
Try Winamp, it's free and has a better interface than WMP

winamp.com

I will try it today. VLC crashes at least twice a day. I am not sure whats the deal with VLC.

J
JValdes Offline OP
I finally got VLC straight. The download did not work right and I had to download a newer version. CNET Techtracker advised me. Seems fine now. I appreciate the suggestions. Thanks.

G
I have both. I use VLC for looking at stuff I record from my camera and it plays the MPG files my ReplayTV (DVR) makes but I still use Winamp for music ... when I am not using my DOS program.
Winamp seems to have better drag and drop capabilities and it will create M3U indexes for other applications

Greg Fretwell

Link Copied to Clipboard