I've noticed that sometimes when I first open a new bottle of Noalox, it seems to be mostly thin, watery liquid on top, like the product has separated after packaging. Maybe that's what's happening with your tube. I usually just stick a piece of scrap wire down the neck of the container to stir it up but, you may be able to kneed the tube instead. After this initial mixing and the first use, the inhibitor seems to retain the normal grease like consistency from then on.
First time using AL cable (#2 feeding a sub-panel), using Ideal brand NOALOX anti-oxidant from a 1/2 oz tube. I had assumed that the NOALOX would be grease-like.
It went on semi-thick (grey in color) then just seemed to evaporate within minutes, only leaving a thin grey residue.
Do this seem correct?
I hope that that feed does not have a 100A breaker on it, as it would be oversized. Did you knead the tube prior to using it to remix it, the product seems to separate in transit,just like real peanut butter does.As was written in KJay's post.
Steve, Noalox should be fine, but just a suggestion... try using Penn Unions CU/AL gel. It's non flammable and seems to handle Kern Co temps pretty well... I tried using Noalox in a few pump panels before and it seems to dry out and turn into almost a cement.