ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
There isn't a tool made that i haven't found a way to abuse

~S~

Drop something unimportant on the floor. You will trip over it within minutes. Drop something vital, like an oddball special screw and it will bounce 80 feet down the shop never to be seen again. Till you eventually find another one, then you trip over it!

Wood work but can't!
E
I love how I can spend half an hour trying to hook something with a fish tape, yet within seconds it will hook everything else in the room that I didn't want to catch.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
H
Haligan Offline OP
I find some of the missing screws when I strip down to shower. And of course lots of insulation, sawdust, and wire trimmings in 12 and 14 awg.

I put 3M reflective tape on all the hand tools. Then I can shine a flashlight and watch for the glow on the way out. Unless it's that blow-in fluffy stuff. Drop something in there, no matter how large, it could be a repro saw. Fuhgetit- it's gone for ever.

G
Maybe you need a small metal detector for finding stuff in the grass or in the attic.

I have borrowed my neighbor's a time or two when I am looking for a piece of unobtanium I dropped in the yard.

Greg Fretwell
S

I drive from job to job eating, talking, and even taking notes, my dashboard looks like an electrical flea market....

i'm pretty much a hazard to society, but hey, i saved a bundle with Gieco!

~S~

S
Originally Posted by Haligan
I'm adding a new Murphy's law for this. The more unique the fastener, the more likely it will get lost.
Good one!

I believe in the law of averages (and Murphy's Law), I have lost way more tools then I have found. So there is some schmuck out there who finds more tool then he/she has lost. I like to find that so and so, he/she owes me big time. One time I didn't lose a tool over a period time and my tool supplier sent me a "get well" card

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
S
I blew two motors in my work trucks within a few years too....Murphy is my copilot.....~S~

Originally Posted by sparky

I drive from job to job eating, talking, and even taking notes, my dashboard looks like an electrical flea market....

Steve,
Funny you should say that, I know a local sparky here that thinks outside the square.
You know them trendy glass-type "white-boards" they have on shows like CSI and the like, he has a marker that he writes on the left-side of his windscreen (in a RHD vehicle), parts he needs for a job, etc.
Doesn't obstruct your vision unless you are looking straight through it (which you aren't, if you are driving).

S
That's not a bad idea Trumpy, at least for someone with an appreciable level of organization

I've been in 'feast mode' where the truck doesn't get cleaned out too well though

I'd have to be someplace i could find it.....~S~

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard