ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 411 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
If any of you work with UPS systems, the big DC and AC filter caps generally need replaced every 5 years as PM. If you dontt replace them pre-emptively, you may end up replacing far more expensive components, too.

F
Alan.,

Merci de la liaison de votre magasin de boiserie.

Thanks for the link about your woodwork shop.

The diesel engine I used it was Hatz that thing is loud all by it means but I have to make a overdrive belt set up to match up what the electrique motor speed required { it was set up for 3,000T/min }

Merci,Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Not just woodwork Marc, I'll tackle anything!

Here's my old Patrick lathe being used to regrind the kingpins off my '56 Renault tractor. The head and tail-stocks are jacked up on dummy oak blocks to get the necessary throw, then a small 230v tool-grinder motor is clamped to the toolpost. This was a bit scary shocked as it created a one-bladed steel propeller - running on the lowest lathe speed of 450rpm it was nigh-on invisible! Between-centres mounted kingpin is balanced by a steel block on the faceplate and ran surprisingly vibration-free. Luckily the Patrick's wheels are on the back of the bed thus enabling this intrepid coward to keep well out of the way. My biggest problem was my wife discovering my best leather pants belt being cut up and used as a drive-belt on the lathe pulleys. It's a man thing! laugh

All this on less than 400 watts and there are no capacitors on either motor.

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

Wood work but can't!
N
Back to the original topic, there has been an epidemic of electrolytic capacitor failure in recent years, primarily due to cheaply manufactured caps, that were made using a stolen formula that omitted a key ingredient in the electrolyte.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
http://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=4

I spent a few days recently repairing dozens of Samsung LCD monitors from our lab that all failed in the same way shortly after the warranty expired. Every one of them was a victim of the bulging capacitors in the power supply.

P
Thanks NJwirenut that information was helpful, especially the internet links.

I have a sense of adventure, I just keep it leashed with common sense.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard