ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 381 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
If this based on 2008 then all multiwire branch circuits shall be provided with a means to disconnect all ungrounded conductors at the same time.
210.4(b)
Circuit # 11&13

This could also be a main disconnect that is located inside nearest point of entrance 230.70(A)(1)

Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live

W
i was just looking at that business page. Acording to the about us section the owner is operating with 2 jopurneyman class "b" licenses. I'm about 99% sure here in ma he cannot operate under any business name other than his own name, which apears on his license. not to be a stickler..

L
Class 'A'- master Electrician- Hire as many J-men as you want, Par take in any end of the business you want.

Since this State went with the A-B-C lick my ...... 'Your mother has red hair' licenses.....
BULL CRAP! I don't even know where I stand!!!!!!
What I'm licensed for ETC.

Now they are trying to 'redistribute the wealth'.
A Master Electrician USED to mean something!!!!!!
Now, A low..... Never mind.... I'll B(8&H To others.

It is all about the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops, did I express my disgust for the Government?

Not sure where I am going with this ,sorry.

But Massachusetts is getting crazy with their licensing rules. Time to take it back.

L
Originally Posted by Texas_Ranger
Tonight I googled to find a picture of a US panel in order to explain some things over at some German dicussion board. I stumbled across this pictures, and before I make any statements on it, I wanted to ask you guys if you see any obvious violations.
Panel picture
According to the web site this is a new panel (site is dated 2008) installed in Taunton MA. A few things struck me odd, such as the apparent lack of a GEC and the white wires on those DP breakers top right.

Have we determined yet, Is this a NEW install,or a change out?
That can and does mean a world of difference.

Before we get too far off track. (as I think I have,above)
Sorry.

L
Originally Posted by WireNuts29
i was just looking at that business page. Acording to the about us section the owner is operating with 2 jopurneyman class "b" licenses. I'm about 99% sure here in ma he cannot operate under any business name other than his own name, which apears on his license. not to be a stickler..

In Massachusetts:
B lic = journey man.
The company name MUST be- "Ralph J. Cramden. Electrician". Can not be "RJC Electric"- That is a violation- punishable by license revocation.
This J-man is limited to 1 helper- does not need to be an apprentice (registered).

Last edited by leland; 12/18/09 12:59 AM.
T
Originally Posted by leland
Originally Posted by Texas_Ranger
Tonight I googled to find a picture of a US panel in order to explain some things over at some German dicussion board. I stumbled across this pictures, and before I make any statements on it, I wanted to ask you guys if you see any obvious violations.
Panel picture
According to the web site this is a new panel (site is dated 2008) installed in Taunton MA. A few things struck me odd, such as the apparent lack of a GEC and the white wires on those DP breakers top right.

Have we determined yet, Is this a NEW install,or a change out?
That can and does mean a world of difference.

I guess there is no way to tell, based on the information given on the web site.
This ias all they say:
New Panel Install

New electrical panel installed in a Taunton home, part of a two family service installation.

So, at least new service, but lord knows what else.

Broom Pusher and
As to the lack of Grounding Electrode Conductor bonding at this Panel:

The Grounded Conductor may be bonded to the Grounding Electrode System at the Meter Section.

Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
L
--Quote:
New Panel Install

New electrical panel installed in a Taunton home, part of a two family service installation.---

Given that info. the bond should be in the panel.
Simple reason is the POCO no longer wants the bond in their equipment and It must be visible.

Code Art. not handy right now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard