ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
sparky Offline OP
anyone here have reviews on Facilty Maintenance, Service Magic, or similar on line tradesmen-r-us gigs ?

~S~

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:

S
sparky Offline OP
ouch!

but thanks Electure, guess that may be a road i don't want to go down....~S~

Sparky:
I haven't heard ANY thing good, or for that matter worthwhile, for any of the web based 'finders', 'groups', or whatever 'find you work' hucksters.

I know of two guys who fell into the sales pitches over the years...sign up & wait...& wait & Wait.

John
CDS Offline
I don't know about Service Magic yet , but here is my review of maintenance companies "Servicecom , American Home Repair etc ".
For me the " not to exceed " , service call prices etc have been within my rates
All of them that I have used take at least a month to pay , some 60 days .
Some have contact numbers to check on unpaid invoices , and some don't .
We haven't used a company yet , that we did not have to call about payment of at least one invoice.
It is a pain to collect if they don't have a contact number .
We have been approached by some companies that want us to sign a contract ,We run from these .
Overall these have been successful for us . If we had enough calls from the phonebook , I would probably drop them because of the 30 to 60 days , but for now I would rate them better than we expected .
Just take them on a case by case basis , they are definitely not all the same

RH1 Offline
Service magic simply places Google Adwords ads that are triggered by keywords such as "electrician". The customer is lured to fill in a "request for service" form and Service Magic sells the information submitted on this form to as many dopey contractors as possible.

Just place your own Adwords Ads and cut out the middle man.

S
sparky Offline OP
i guess headhunters are the same all over then.....~S~

M
A lot of paper work and if you dont get somthing signed that your suppose to they dont have to pay you. Did some work for one of those home warrenty companys u talk about a head ache they pay you for 1 hour and after that u have to call them to get more money for the job.over the phone on the phone with them for a min of 30 min.

R
I have landed $15,000.00 worth of jobs off service master to date my total investment has been $500.00 .I have had a few tire kickers but I called my service rep and they credited my account.

S
sparky Offline OP
i signed up for life alert. so now i'm installing the infamous 'fallen and can't get up' boxes in my local area

it's like one wierd episode of golden girls after the next

the things we do for a livin'....

~S~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard