ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Plumbers leave the job before the electricians start usually. Cut the vent pipe in two locations one 8" above the other and start 4 " below fixture height. Use ABS black glue - glue on a 45 deg plmg connector to each pointing back into the wall. Glue two 45 deg connectors onto the scrap of abs you removed after shortining it due to offsets. Take the leftover piece of vent and cut it in half. Now glue those into the saddle and glue the saddle back onto the vent. I wouldn't do this myself, but hey you asked what would work and I love to give sound answers to such riddles.:)

S
macmikeman, that might start a war with the plumber if he finds out someone is tampering with his installation. I'd hate to think that some of my wires got cut in the wall for retaliation eek Plus that still don't help me on remodel work.. Thanks anyway...Steve..

M
Spark, there was a huge amount of fooling around in all that nonsence I posted, I have never done anything even remotely close to that, but it sounded fun. Now for remodel work (by the way this is no messing around....) first I drill a tiny hole in the wall with my ever present 3/16 " tapcon bit (any bit would work, but I have that one in the pencil holder at at all times so it is handy.) and then I probe the wall with a piece of #14 solid to check for that there vent pipe first. If one is present in the way, I dap over the little bitty hole, and install two light fixtures instead of one or go the adjustable fixture housing method posted above.

T
Use the circular fan-rated boxes made by Arlington...

Wedge his pipe off slightly to the side and get to work. These boxes are easier than pancakes -- with more space.

Tesla
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard