ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
Recent Posts
100 Definitions: Accessible 2023
by gfretwell - 07/22/24 09:03 PM
Chinese motors rated 220 v 50 hertz
by sabrown - 07/22/24 04:29 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by emolatur - 07/18/24 01:05 PM
2023 CEU Course
by gfretwell - 07/17/24 01:08 AM
Is this really a thing
by dsk - 07/16/24 01:23 PM
Recent Gallery Topics:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 562 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 300
I've got a lot of electrical panels with conduit entering through holes that have been drilled across concentric knockouts. We'd like to add bonding bushings to these but would rather not have to "unwire" the whole panel to feed the conductors through the bushings.

I know I've seen bonding clamps or clips that slip under the locknut where the fitting enters the panel. I don't know what to call them and can't find them now. Maybe they were never legal, I can't even remember where I've seen them. But I'd like to find an easier way to add bonding.

Hoping somebody has a great idea.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,955
Likes: 34

Greg Fretwell
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 984
Likes: 1
Does that slip under a bushing?
It looks like the opening is not large enough to slide in from the side; but would have to be treaded over the end of the conduit.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 300
exactly what I was looking for. Will require removing any bushings/locknuts from the fitting but I won't have to pull all the wires through the wedge.

Just called the electrical supplier and they said "A what?" but found it with the T&B number on the pdf you included.


Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 680
From my experience, if you have a plastic bushing you'll have to drill a hole in it to get the bonding screw into the thread of the conduit

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,294

The pdf file Greg posted from T&B shows a "T&B Series 122 Metallic Bushing" below the wedge.

I wonder if this is part of the bonding wedge's listing.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5