ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 373 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
I didn't see a terrific deal at Blowes on the Kleins but I still got some stuff. The 9" linemans with the crimper socket was $28 down from $35 (HD was still higher than that).
I got some 12" pipe pliers for $15, just because I wanted them and a couple "10 in 1" for $8 each (that seemed like a deal).

Greg Fretwell
Cat Servant
I would just as soon see the store differentiate themselves from each other. Few things are more depressing than finding the exact same selection is multiple stores.

When my brother retired from the USAF, and we went tool shopping, I was stunned to see just how few of my tools were available from the 'public' vendors. Even among 'premium' brands carried by the box stores, the exact tool models were often absent.

The lesson here is that there is still a major role played by the supply houses and 'professional' tool suppliers. You know - the sort of tool store that opens at 6AM during the week, is closed on weekends, and is located in the dark heart of the industrial area (and lacking any fancy signage too!).

sbi Offline OP
I have two Lowes near me and checked them both out this week. I got a 1/2 3/8 7/16 1/4 nut driver and a pair of blue handle strippers ( model # 1010) all for less than $ 20.00 including tax. Also on a side note I Picked up a skill ( yeah I know ) 7.2 lithon driver set that can with the drill and the ratchet. Reg retail is 79.99, I paid 15.45 on clearance

when in doubt jump it out
I happily work for slumlords
J
Home Depot will meet and beat up to 10%, if your looking for basic stuff. ie... wire, panels, breakers. There small stuff though will kill you, like connectors and such. Your better off buying all of your little stuff and supply houses and but certian things you can get for better prices at Home Depot.

jason
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard