ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
http://cbs13.com/local/house.fire.marijuana.2.942378.html

Good advice:

"If you're going to grow marijuana in your house, make sure your electricity is done properly"

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
L
Had to modify, bad song.(missed it) Sorry.

Off topic but: closest topic I could find.

Not real bad, but discretion is advised. (volume down)

So: Google "cave of weed". 1 heck of an under ground harvesting set up. That was Illegal.

Last edited by leland; 02/24/09 01:17 PM.
M
I have inspected two legal grow ops over the last 7 years. I do get calls from the police department on occasion to deal with the illegal ones. They are never happy unless I have the power cut off.

I havent had a grow op repair for over a year it seems,Our police are too busy with investigating gangs and meth I guess.

A guy over here thought he was being smart and cut into the tails between the meter panel and the switchboard.
Unfortunately, his knowledge of how these things work was not the best, he had connected on the wrong side of the meter.(Load-side)

Once he fired his operation up, the meter reader called the police after the disc in the meter was seen to be spinning like a chopper rotor.

S
"If you're going to grow marijuana in your house, make sure your electricity is done properly," Capt. Pebbles said.

well ok, i admit i've never fielded that sort of call here

out of curiosity, should advice on 'proper marijuana growing electrity' be solicited, what would one say?

~S~

Cat Servant
Tell them the best lighting is natural light, usually found on the street side of the residence.

Last edited by renosteinke; 03/15/09 11:44 PM.
Here is my opinion.
In these dark financial times upon us, I say legalise marijuana, tax it just like they do with tobacco, the country will make a killing, it would bring everyone out in the open.
Also it will reduce bottom-feeder crims that control the fear given by the authorities, nothing to go on with.

If you get upset over this post, just think about the high-flying bankers,lawyers and other sorts that are snorting coke and have been for some years, they are snorting your money, coke used to be the "respectable" drug of the 70's and 80's.
While us minions had to rely on things like beer and wine.
A recession will sort the fittest out though.

S
yanno Trumpy, i haven't had a good toke since Carter was in office here. What's a hyper-ADD sort like me realy have to loose?
Besides, now that i've got nothing better to do now than tend my garden and zip about on the net it could be kinda benificial all around

i'm in.....~S~

L
Originally Posted by sparky
yanno Trumpy, i haven't had a good toke since Carter was in office here.

So you are to blame! (for Carter).

Live and learn! Now if we can only reach the current users,before the next disaster.

K- sorry to wonder. back to the topic.

Last edited by leland; 03/16/09 11:51 PM. Reason: none
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard