ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#184065 01/31/09 08:40 PM
W
need help!
bought fixer upper... with no panel cover on Murray E26095 panel.... any leads much appreciated.

Last edited by Trumpy; 01/31/09 10:21 PM. Reason: Removed posters phone number and e-mail address, PM this user if you can help him out
Weewillie:
Welcome to ECN!

Murray was bought/merged with Siemens. Finding a replacement panel cover may be possible, but..it may take more time/effort than it's worth (IMHO)

You may want to consider replacement of the panel, possibly a service upgrade, depending on the depth of your 'fixer-upper'.

Perhaps one of the other members has some info?

John
E
Weewillie:

That number that you gave sounds like a UL file number, not a manufacturer's part number. Look on the inside left or right side wall of the panel box itself. The part number should begin with an "M". I went through this same situation when my panel covers got painted-over too many times and couldn't find replacements.

Surprisingly, a search on e-bay put me in touch with several surplus electrical equipment dealers who were able to get me squared away in a couple of days. There is a major seller of surplus circuit breakers in Los Angeles. The one that helped me was located in Wilmington, NC. Panel covers are a rare find, but I got lucky to not only find one brand new one, but two.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
Weewillie:

I see on your profile that you have your occupation listed as "workerbee".
Are you an electrician or some how related to the electrical trade?

B
Is this for a Murray fuse panel? I have a cover for one that came out of a townhouse in the Olde Greenwich subdivision in Fredericksburg, VA. It has the same E-26095 number on the label on the door. It also says that it's Cat No PF 912 EC.

Let me know if this sounds like yours. I'd like to find a home for this cover.

W
Hello Brian, thanks for the reply. any chance i can get a picture of the panel cover? thanks, bill

W
yes

B
Check your private mail here, I'll send you a photo.

OK guys.....
Time to close this thread.

See the 1st post of the topic which clearly says:
"Edited by Trumpy (01/31/09 04:21 PM
Edit Reason: Removed posters phone number and e-mail address, PM this user if you can help him out"

Link Copied to Clipboard