ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 268 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
leland #184211 02/04/09 12:15 PM
T
It might be a good time for a vacation Tesla. Take a break, take a deep breath & get a fresh perspective. I'm a conservative businessman, but there is work. I just look at it as the winter of a recession. It's going to be slower. Wait it out & by the end of the year sales will probably be the same as last year.

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
Tiger #184213 02/04/09 04:48 PM
It seems everytime I spend money on my business More work shows up
whats with that ???

dougwells #184214 02/04/09 04:49 PM
I look at Advertising and overhead as just an investment for future work.

dougwells #184219 02/04/09 08:51 PM
Related to this subject, our permit flow is 'close' to last year. last year was -110 permits compared to '07.

Basically 'close' is good!

Tesla:
Time for a vacation or a break guy, times are tough....but not that bad

John
HotLine1 #184220 02/04/09 09:13 PM
F
For bussiness wise it is not too bad just little slow side but still manangeable but still busy most case in both USA and France.

There is plenty service call I can able take it without much issue.

Tesla., I agree with others guys just relax one way or other it will rebound again.

Merci,Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

HotLine1 #184221 02/04/09 09:13 PM
Cat Servant
It's timw to realize that there is no reason for hope anymore.

Out of the kindness of my heart, I shall galdly take care of the toos and supplies you won't need anymore. Send them at yyour expense; you won't need all that bothersome moeny, either.

Just set your phone to forward your calls to 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX, and I shall take these worries off your hands.

If you've lived a good life, say 'hi' to JC for me. If not, tell my ex I DON'T miss her laugh

Someone break out the ProZac! aspirin

Man, is this thread getting depressing.

One thing you have to realise is that it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I've been talking to a few electricians in the course of my work recently and while no-one is being laid off over here (yet), the existing staff of a lot of EC companies are on short days and even shorter weeks.

People just aren't spending the money that they were say a year ago or if they are, they are shopping around for the lowest price job they can get and you and I all know what that means. eek

Trumpy #184248 02/05/09 10:50 AM
I personally am steady. however my trips to the supplier are much easier as there is hardly any one in there. And ever time I go in they ask are you busy? Which leads me to believe all is not well in paridise. I have been seeing lots of new face and trucks on the road. We have no licensing here so you get laid off, you go out on your own.

I wish I could be more upbeat. I just keep thinking spring is around the corner.

Ob

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
Obsaleet #184255 02/05/09 02:17 PM
G
New construction is dead in SW Fla. They had 13 permits opened since new year in my county. During the go go time it was usually over 1000. The guys I know who are working are doing small jobs or maintenance. Things still break and homeowners who realize they are going to be living there a while are fixing them up. My wife's HOA is still doing a fair amount of building and repair. She is happy she can throw some work to her contractor friends.
Those are the kinds of thing you have to pursue. This is when your networking skills pay off. Get together with the other trades you know (plumber, drywall, carpenter etc) and try to offer a simple solution for complex problems. Most people outside of the building business don't have a clue where to start when they have a problem that involves more than one trade.

Greg Fretwell
gfretwell #184273 02/05/09 11:45 PM
L
With all this doom and gloom talk we all must remember one thing.
No one has any clue as to when the economy will start turning around. Everyone is yelling it's going to get worse before it gets better. Did one stop to think about this...
When it comes to the economy no body has a clue as to when we're "at the bottom" until it turns around and starts going the other way.
I would suggest that everyone just calm down and ride it out the best way they can. The more people panic the worse it will be.
Think about the depression in the 1930's people paniced and created a run on the banks.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard