Copied from another website.

The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations issed the following statement. This may help some of you guys that want a little work in the south Texas area.

For Immediate Release

September 25, 2008
Media Contact: Susan Stanford
(512) 463-3208
TDLR Issues Emergency Electrical Licenses
AUSTIN - Texas Administrative Rule 73.28 permits the department to issue emergency licenses to people holding an equivalent level electrical license in another state. In response to destruction by Hurricane Ike the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation’s executive director will grant emergency electrician licenses.
The emergency license expires ninety (90) days after it is issued.
Additionally, it is valid only in the disaster area described in the Governor’s Disaster Declaration.
The license may be renewed for an additional ninety (90)days if the Disaster Declaration is still in effect on the eightieth (80) day and the executive director determines a sufficient number of persons holding electrical licenses is not available to perform the work needed to respond to the disaster in a timely manner.
If you hold an emergency license you may only perform the electrical work on behalf of a Texas licensed electrical contractor, an electrical sign contractor or an employing governmental entity.
To obtain an emergency master, journeyman, residential wireman or maintenance electrician license the Rule states the applicant must:
1) Be currently licensed to perform electrical work in another state of the United States
2) Complete and submit an application form, the required documents and fee.
For more information call toll free in Texas (800) 803-9202 or (512) 463-6599.