ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 274 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#179681 07/26/08 06:46 PM
Hi All,
I am thinking of rebuilding my Dewalt 18v batts. Any one know where to find the cells and other parts?
Any advice about rebuilding them would be appreciatied?

Ob(Phil)

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
J
It would be a lot simpler and more cost efficient just to buy new batteries. The tabs on each cell are welded on for strength and solder would just not cut it on this application, also there is a high temp cutout inside that is kinda fragile.

The lesson is in the struggle, not the victory.
Cat Servant
I've had pretty good luck letting the folks at "Batteries Plus" do it for me.

W
Had Harts Batteries rebuild 2 Rigid 12 volts for me, 30 dollars each about half the price of a new one. As far as I can tell no different than new. They can rebuild any battery that has screws holding it together. www.hartsbatteries.com

Last edited by wire_twister; 07/26/08 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Jimmy

Life is tough, Life is tougher when you are stupid
I know a bunch of places rebuild them. I would like to see what it costs to do it myself. I understand the rebuilds can be made better then stock.
Unless Dewalt comes down in price I will not be giving them any more of my hard earned moeny. I will put my Dewalts stuff up for sale on e-bay and buy the new Makita line. Price is good and the seem to be well designed. In my opionion, Dewalt has been passed. They are just riding on there name. I don't want to get started on the problems I've had with my newest dewalt cordless drills. I 've started using my oldest cordless Dewalt while the other 2 spend time in the repair shop.(for the last month)

I have about 10 batts, down to 3 working. Soo! I figure if they are rebuilding them for $40. I can possible do it for less. I know what to do and how to do it but not were to get parts. And if it works out OK I may even rebuild a few for others.

Ob(phil)

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
S
I'm not sure about in the US, but here in Canada, home depot gives free replacement batteries for their cordless Rigid tools for life!

Link Copied to Clipboard