ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 264 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Cat Servant
While we're all looking for things ....

I seem to recall someone making a 'plugmold' type product that was specifically intended for mounting under kitchen cabinets. What made this product unique was that the face was not either vertical or horizontal - but rather had the receptacles at a slight angle. This sure looked to be more user-friendly.

Anyone have any idea where this can be found?

T
is this what you are looking for? http://www.tasklighting.com/ap/angle-strip.htm

Cat Servant
Sure looks like it! Thanks!

S
can they still be gfi?

Cat Servant
Saras, they can be protected by being fed from a GFI ... either a GFI receptacle, or a GFI breaker.

S
I don't think Task Lighting (the name of the company mentioned above) has tamper-resistant receptacles yet, though.

Cat Servant
That's OK ... we haven't adopted the 08 laugh

C
Neither have we.

I recently had a GC's wife (real estate agent) complaining about the receptacles breaking up the backsplash. She asked if I could put the plugs up high on the next one. I said I could but then you would see cords hanging down. Six of one have a dozen of the other as far as looks go IMO but hey, I'm just the electrician and as long as its legal you ask you get.

With that in mind this product looks nifty if your not doing UC fluorescents as well.

It seems to slide over a stub and meet the wall, exactly how I like to do my UC's.

I'd like to see a picture that shows how they mounted their UC's.

M
I always get a big kick out of customers who get so bundled up in kitchen remodels and new kitchens that they want to hide the receptacles. Seems like it becomes the biggest problem in their entire adult life - how are they going to hide the outlets. And my guess is 6 months after they move in they realize it wasn't such a big deal after all to not see the receptacles on the splash, and they go back to worrying about important things like what is gonna happen this week on Lost.

Link Copied to Clipboard