I have to pull some low voltage Belden cable (4 twisted pairs) for alarms on my generator installs. We run 1/2 pvc conduit, never more than 3 90s and it is the only thing in that pipe, but it is the hardest pulling stuff I have ever dealt with if you try to pull it dry. Just a squirt of Clearglide lube makes all the difference. Must be the jacket that makes it pull so mean without lube
Jimmy
Life is tough, Life is tougher when you are stupid
Since you mention the CEC the fill for data is the same as for power or %40. for more than 2 cables per 12-1014. The criteria for conduit fill is not mutual heating but mechanical stress upon the conductors. I presume the NEC rules are similar.
The best way to install any cat5 cables into conduit is... To leave a sharp edge on the end of the pipe, thereby when you pull them in the jacket is skinned off. Giving you approximately 25% more room. Ok that's a joke!
I;ve seen data ect installed with and without conduit by so called experts , Tie wrapped to conduits, stuffed in pipes . Hight school kids hired for the summer to help. Electricans have been pulling all types of wire for years, I think there a Lot ahead of the game then you think. By the way Data, and Comm, are in the Code book youotta look um up. interesting reading.
By the way Data, and Comm, are in the Code book youotta look um up. interesting reading.
It might be there, but no sparkies ever follow these rules and most phone/data people don't either. Inspectors really don't know what they are looking at with regard to low voltage other than fire code issues.