hello everyone...here's a pic of a fire I had in my house (rented thankfully) last night in the master bedroom. some idiot ran wire pinched behind the baseboards...i guess too lazy to drill holes through studs. could have killed my family...i noticed the power was out upstairs ..the breaker was tripped. I noticed a slight burn smell upstairs but could not pin point the cause..after a few trips upstairs my cat was sitting on the floor starring at the baseboard and meowing..I kick a hole in the baseboard and saw nothing but red hot wood....scary...ran down stairs and grabbed the extingusher...it did the trick...but just in time.... https://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jlive11/DSC02080.jpg
WOW! You and your family are very VERY lucky! I have to say I have a new respect for Cats! Anyway I think youbest be looking over what electrical you can see in your house just to see if anything is obviously wrong and to judge what kind of workmanship exists behind the drywall!
thanks for the reply's everyone...sorry i did'nt properly introduce myself to the forums....I have been a lurker here for quite some time....I;m a fire alarm tech (Edwards), I'm no electrician.....but know what was done here was seriously wrong. the circuit continued on pretty much under the carpet to a plug beside the bed (pic). I'm looking for a new place to live (can you blame me?) only been here for 3 months. the house was only re-wired 6 months ago....scary stuff thanks
ontario in the first pic the cut out in the wall and floor was from the fire dept who i called to make sure the fire was completely out after i pit the extinguisher to it... I did'nt get a good look at the wiring method used until after they left....i live in a rural area and it was a volunteer fire dept...I thought they would have noticed the how it was wired...but they did'nt thanks