ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
e57 Offline
I came accross a low ball rock crew like this a few years ago - nothing to the extent of the GC's little extra dealling - but these guys were also 'not into' cut outs either. They rocked the cielings by mashing the cans up - rocked it. Rocked the walls and left - LAST TIME THEY WERE EVER HEARD FROM AGAIN!

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
C
As a footnote here now.

It's New Years Day and the daughter of the Sheetrocker shows up on my doorstep and ringing our doorbell and in tears. She's maybe 20 years old too and expecting to become a part of a family Company. ( As was quickly explained when she came into our house.)

All of their family are disgusted by the GC and his antics - according to her story. She told us about the GC telling them ( the rockers) to just cover everything up and just ignoring any openings in walls and ceilings. In her words - "just ignore it and the other mechanical trades will take care of it".

Wifey and I then called the plumbers and the HVAC guys that I know well from other jobs with the same GC and we all had wound up with the same problem with - NOT the rockers - but with the orders - or CO's - as he called them "change orders".

Unfortunately this same GC had given all the HO's the same story. He had mentioned that they would all have to pay and extra 10 grand for - now get this - EACH - 10 grand if they wanted the work done.

I'm glad we've run him out of town now.

Calgary next I wonder?

L
...and a fine mist of rubbing alcohol!

I
ITO Offline
Just when I thought that I could not hate Sheetrockers any more...

Generally every sheet rock problem I have can be solved with a hammer, or a pair Kliens, if they bury my stuff, I start poking holes in the sheetrock until I find the problem and fix it. Believe it or not, a pair of Kliens will channel out a two sided sheetrock wall very quickly, and back charges are no problem as long as they send their bill first.

101° Rx = + /_\
E
I don't like to get my tools dirty with that nasty drywall. I just get out my rotozip and cut nice big circles. The devices then lay flat on the boxes as they should.

M
I take out a sledge and make nice big circles also.........

May I suggest this device for finding plates in walls:

[Linked Image from stanleytools.com]

http://www.stanleytools.com/catalog_images/web_detail/55-099_web_detail.jpg

I have one of these makes short work of plaster, car windows, stubborn boards or anything that gets in the way of the 4-in-1 tools this beastie has. Mine cost AU$70 (around US$63), worth every cent.

More info from:
http://www.stanleytools.com/default...ubar%26%238482%3B+Functional+Utility+Bar

C
As an addendum to all of this, for anyone around the Red Deer Alberta area, this person did not go down the road very far from Edmonton. Last Friday one of my guys was driving by to one of our installs and spotted him at a work site getting out of his vehicle and going into a house that was nearing completion of construction. Keep alert out there. Nice new bright red Dodge Ram truck with a big dent on the drivers door.

M
I wonder where the dent came from?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard