ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 256 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
mxslick Offline OP
Hi all: I just got back from a three-day stay in the hospital. I had a clot in my left leg which travelled into both my lungs. (DVT and double pulmonary embolism for you medical savvy types.)This is no joke, and it was according to the doctors a near-fatal event. As you can guess I'm quite shaken by this and very tired, so I will be minimizing my online time for a while. I still have the clot in the leg,it is being treated by drugs and I get the joy of giving myself injections twice daily for the next week. With a bit of luck I am expected to fully recover although I'm still not out of danger yet.

I'm posting this as a reminder to all not to ignore your body's warning signs...in this case my leg was acting up for over a week(I thought I'd pulled a hamstring) and the clot actually hit me Saturday evening the 18th. I felt it on both sides but dismissed it as muscle spasms.

I'll update this as I get more info from the doctors...take care all. Don't let this happen to you.

Get well soon, Tony and take it easy.

regards

Alan

Wood work but can't!
Jeezus Tony I'm glad you caught that in time.... take care my friend, I hope you recover quickly

Tom
R
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Tony, hope you get well soon.

Roger

Cat Servant
Tony ... a friend of mine had a similar occurrence, and I think you're being a bit optimistic.

Sure, you'll recover, and be up to speed in no time. Just be prepared to be on blood thinners and testing, at varying intervals, for the next year.

Be wary of the side-effects of the thinners. You will bruise much more easily, and cuts will bleed more. You can forget about taking aspirin, advil, or naproxin.

I
Tony stay optimistic. smile

I am sorry to here you had that problem, good to know you ended up getting it taken care of.

Good luck with a speedy recovery. smile

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
J
Tony,
You are in my prayers for a complete and speedy recovery! Please also dig deep into potential food interactions with any thinners they put you on.
Take care,
Joe

G
Get well soon, Tony!

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
mxslick Offline OP
Hi everyone:

Thank you all for your replies and the good news is that I am getting better every day. My first follow-up showed no damage to my lungs, and that the clot in my leg is dissolving as expected. I'm waiting for my labs to determine if I have to continue the injections, I am on the pill thinners for at least the next two months though.

After talking with my doctor, she feels that the cause appears to be my hereditary factors more than diet or other causes. Only time and testing will tell for sure.

I am regaining energy and overall feeling better!!

Cheers!!

I
Tony that is great news. smile

Thanks for the update.

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard