ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#167254 08/08/07 08:14 PM
T
tkb Offline OP
Why is it that when you go to read a post the screen jumps to the end of the thread?

Is there a way to stop this and just have the page load without the page moving?

tkb #167259 08/08/07 09:00 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by tkb
Why is it that when you go to read a post the screen jumps to the end of the thread?

Is there a way to stop this and just have the page load without the page moving?

The software is trying to be helpful it seems. The destination depends on what you click and where, so it can be a timesaver if you know how it works.

As far as I can see this is what happens:

Clicking on a 'Recent Post' shown in the Box (Left Column) or the bottom of page will bring you directly to the most recent (last) post in that thread.

Going to 'Active Topics' and clicking on the thread title will bring you to the most recent (last) post in that thread. If there is a small arrow ([Linked Image]) to the left of a thread in the 'Active Topics' list clicking on that will bring you to the first post in that thread that you have not seen.

If you go to the 'Forum List' and click on a thread there it will bring you to the first post (beginning) of a thread.

Bill

J
If you have been to that post before it will bring you to the first unread entry.

Link Copied to Clipboard