ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 220 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
I had a service call for a lawyer some time ago. Fire alarm system was in trouble, turned out it was a bad battery. I wanted to replace both batteries, he didn't like the price, I replaced one. Then we sat down and went over the bill for an hour. I told him those batteries are expensive, and I only charge him for a service call. Months went by, guess what, the other battery failed, he asked me why I didn't replace it the 1st time. I'm thinking OMG here we go, I said, I tryed to, u didn't want too pay for it the 1st time, again we went over the bill. I'm thinking a lawyer who makes 10 times what I do, is debating a service call which involves life safety. I got paid finally after an hour of being interogated. The next time his secretary called me for a service call, I told her I was too busy to handle your account and recomended to call someone else. Not saying all lawyers are like this guy, but it did have me wondering.

M
Wirenuttt:
You know what they call 50 lawyers on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, don't you...

A good start... [Linked Image]

That aside, I wonder why they used a Nema3 box inside (I'm assuming this is inside)?

Mike (mamills)

This is probably the 3R Panel's second home, or the EC wanted to get rid of it from rattling around in his truck... My guess...

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
S
Sparky
My attempt at humor obviously failed. [Linked Image] It was more of a comment that it seems that a lot of your work seems to be replacing poor work. It seems hard to convince people that it is better, and cheaper in the long run, to hire a professional electrician in the first place.

Scotts,

With the advent of mandatory inspections for Services, a lot of my work is "rescue work" after failed DIY-work inspections...

You're not far off the mark, just not the case with this job!

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 11-18-2002).]

-Virgil
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
G
Curiousity compels me to ask how the switch/recept. on wall was wired? It looks like two wire cable. Ground for neutral?

Glenn

Glenn, it is a mystery I've yet to solve.

Perhaps, it is fed by a cable through the wall into the back of the box.

Perhaps he's letting me run the feeder and it goes to nothing else.

This particular HVAC contractor does make somewhat of an effort to do it right, but leaves a little to be desired... Using a bare copper conductor for a neutral wouldn't be something he'd do, unless it's SEU...

[Linked Image]

But then again, ya never know!

[Linked Image]

-Virgil
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
S
SJT Offline
Is that a Booze cabinet to the left on that picture? It's unreal what you find out there.
He may of had a nip or two! I guess you're going to rip it all out and start over, especially with that panel, right?
Good picture

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard