ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#164889 06/13/07 05:59 PM
T
Tiger Offline OP
I have some Italian ceiling lights to hang. Unfortunately they were shipped without ceiling brackets. The fixtures have plastic eyelets, so the proper bracket must just be a hook.

Anyone know where I can find a hook bracket that will fit an octagon box or mudring?

Thanks,
Dave

Tom Offline
Angelo Brothers used to make all kinds of lighting products, so many that if they didn't make it you probably didn't need it.

They've been bought out, but if you google the name, you should be able to find the new owners.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
N
Angelo Bros. got the rights to the Westinghouse name...

Dave'
Try looking into hunter original fan hardware? Just a thought.

Ob(Phil)

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
B
Tiger, I just hung a chandelier like that. How deep is the canopy? Mine had a nice 2" deep canopy with a set screw. I went to ace hardware and got their smallest hook with machine threads on it. It was a 1/4-20. Then I installed it on a flat fixture strap using two nuts and two washers. It only stuck out about 1", leaving plenty of clearance for the canopy.

If you don't have a deep canopy, you could get some fender washers and fasten the hook thru the center KO on a metal 4/0 box.

B
By the way, this place: www.grandbrass.com has small hooks with 1/8 ips threads so you can screw them right onto the strap. They have just about everything.

E
e57 Offline
From the title I thought this thread was going to be about one of my personal pet peevs... The fact that it seems most Italian products are never actually put together by the people who design them. On several occassions I have found that a screw or something else for assembely or attatchment was impossible to get to when either assembeled or attatched. i.e. one impossible without the other, and impossible to do in sequence. Of course even if you do translate the provided Italian instructions the dont say much.

Or my other favorite having to modify every fixture to hang on a 4/O or 3/O box. As it seems the Italians just nail fixtures to the wall or cieling then plaster right up to them sans box. Although they are selling to the US market - sometimes they just chuck a coverplate in and let you wing it. Otherwise I go get my own down at one our few local fixture shops and forced to make due, as it sounds like Tiger has.

When ya say it needs a 'hook' what exactly do you mean? whats the fixture look like?

The shop listed below does a lot of custom work, and can locate a plate for you, or refinish one to match. Even get it listed if need be. Unfortunely they are a bit low tech in way of web presence - and I've never had to deal with them at long distance....

Victor's Lighting
2166 Palou Ave
San Francisco, CA 94124

(415) 285-1280

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason

Link Copied to Clipboard