ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 521 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Boundbrook, & Manville were hit hard, NJ Transit is still out in Bound Brook. Both of these towns were hurt bad in '99 hurricane Floyd. There is an ongoing flood control project (Army Corp), but it is not finished due to lack of funding.

Wayne, Paterson, Little Falls are also hurting (Passaic River). Still some road closings in that area. I live in Ocean County (Brick) on a lagoon, & had no issues.

I feel for the people in the affected areas, as I saw the devastation from Floyd in '99.

John

John
M
Up here in North Jersey there were a couple of road closings, the one that affected me directly was Rt. 23 in Wayne in the vicinity of the Pompton River.

The Pompton River crosses Rt. 23 downstream of the ACOE project (link below) that was recently completed to alleviate flooding in Oakland.
http://www.nan.usace.army.mil/business/prjlinks/flooding/oakland/index.htm
A lot of people have said that the flooding problem that the project was supposed to fix, just transferred the problem to downstream of the new $21.6 million flood gates. ACOE released a press release saying that is not the case and the new dam functioned as it was designed to and that the flooding downstream would have happened anyway.
Which way to think is hard to decide.
All I think is that when you open a dam to let more water flow that there will be a backup downstream if the area is not ready for the added flow that was given by the flood gates opening.

Last edited by mkoloj; 04/20/07 12:16 PM.
J
I was just on this dam today, my company installed the cameras on it.

S
I was unlucky enough to by flying into Maine last monday, right in the middle of the storm... Flights got cancelled, the airlines screwed up the rebookings. What should have been two quick 40 minute hops and an arrival at my hotel before noon turned into a 22 hour ordeal on two different airlines and involving 4 different cities and an eventual 2AM arrival that I consider myself lucky to have gotten. Fun!

Last edited by SteveFehr; 04/25/07 10:54 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard