ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
What a stupid idea, Typical brainless politicians.

All that Green nonsense is another excuse to tax, tax more, and tax most, till we have no money left over to spend and enjoy.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
I
Originally Posted by pauluk
Just received this little piece of news:

Paul are you sure someone is not pulling your leg here?

I just find it imposable to believe that anyone could think having a helicopter flying around looking for BBQs is going to reduce pollution.

If it's true than I agree with the earlier statement....save us from ourselves.

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Greg:

I wonder if the IR chairman isn't being a little disingenuous, or looking for a reason to exit the business.

Don't we really want to know how much electricity the solar cell will produce (thus offsetting a more polluting generation source), and whether an installation would, we hope, pay back it's cost? How much energy went into producing my PC? It continues to gobble watts, delivering none, and yet I find it increasingly useful.

Food for thought. wink

J
JJM Offline
You mark my words this Good Friday in 2007:

The environmental movement will lead to the one the GREATEST MASS GENOCIDES in human history, making the genocides in Germany, Russia and China look like a fracas in girls schoolyard.

Notice how the big hysteria with "CO2 emissions" suddenly arose out of nowhere - which is ridiculous since increased CO2 is an actually an EFFECT of global warming and NOT a cause. Since we can't control the biggest emitters of CO2, oceans and volcanoes, the next logical target that something CAN be done about is human beings, human life (since we breathe out CO2). And given how human life has been systematically cheapened through legalized abortion and euthanasia, mass genocides will be the next "reasonable" step... all in the name of saving the Earth, of course, for the c-h-i-l-d-r-e-n.

When you start seeing a rise in draconian gun control laws, you'll know the green "final solution" will soon be upon us.

By the way, in the early 1970s, as a kid I remember how "overpopulation" was going to lead to wars and famine, by the mid 1970s, I remember being taught in school how a new "ice age" was upon us from all the pollution blocking the sun which would lead wars, famine and starvation, and a new ice age. By the late 1970s, the whole world was going to run "out of oil", resulting in wars, civil unrest, and general mayhem. In the early 1980s, acid rain was supposed to destroy crops, leading to mass starvation. By the mid to late 1980s, the "ozone hole" was supposed to threaten our very existence because we were using hair spray and Freon. Now we hear similar caterwauling about "global warming". Perhaps if these IDIOTS at least got ONE thing right they might have some credibility.

Joe

P.S. Hide your guns.

B
Joe
Thank You for reminding me there are sane peolple out there

I
Members keep in mind this is an electrical forum, do not try to make it a political one.

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
L
LK Offline
Originally Posted by gfretwell
The chairman of International Rexctifier has stated that he thinks it takes more energy to make a solar cell than it will ever deliver. Some economy huh?

So rather then try to produce it with less energy he makes a statement of why not make it, I bet there are plenty in line that would like his job.

Why not use wind energy to produce the cells, for a start. Or should we wait until energy is so costly that the gap will be almost impossible to close.

"he thinks"
That may be his problem, doing more thinking then working at the problem, ya I got up on the wrong side of bed today!

Last edited by LK; 04/06/07 07:17 PM.
E
e57 Offline
Paul feel lucky they did not criminalize BBQ's outright of just plain ol' spite, (vegans....) then use the guise that it is cancer causing to boot.

On the light bulb law - people will just have to go to thier local black market to get them, and thier charcoal. Maybe just hang up the tools and make some real money... Light bulb smuggling!

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
G
To be fair I plucked the quote out of context. Eric Lindow was actually speaking about an all electric car but this was his answer to one of the suggestions about where the power will come from.
The interview is in EE Times apr 2, 07
I do believe solar (PV) is a losing proposition, not only because of the power needed to make the cells but also because of the pollution the process makes.
I am sure we will export this industry to a country that doesn't care about coal fired plants, contaminated ground water and kids born with 11 fingers but the net result for the planet is the same.

Greg Fretwell
J
I used to sit here all broken hearted
Learning that I polluted the air
Each time that I farted

Now the Supreme Court tells me
And I just gotta believe
That I'm polluting the air
With each breath that I breathe

Something is warming our planet
So we must be the felons
It couldn't possibly be
The Sun, cyclical change or Mt. St. Helens

Nothing more fun than a bunch of junk scientists telling us that a topic isn't even open for debate any longer. But still, they can't accurately predict the weather for a week.
Joe

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard