ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 533 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
When quoting for jobs, I never break down the costs for the client to see, they get a flat rate quote for the job that I'm happy to do it for. If they decline the quote, that's ok with me. If they accept it, that's a contract.
I once gave a client (for an add-on) a pert-chart, ( a line diagram showing element timescales ), so he could integrate other trades, draw funds on time etc., plus a breakdown itemising labour and material charges. From this, the cheeky b*** worked out my hourly-rate and baulked because he noticed it doubled for the roofing element! (The reason was I had to hire in labour for humping the slates etc. up to roof level). After that experience, I never tell anyone the details of how the price breaks down, or box myself in with finish dates, it will be done when I'm finished and that's what it's going to cost, period. Don't like my terms? Go someplace else.
Flatrating good!

Alan

Wood work but can't!
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
R
OK, the thing is, I charge a flatrate most of the time. In fact I rarely do T&M work.
However, each job is assessed on its own field conditions and the "quote" is drawn accordingly.
I'm not opposed to flat rate pricing, I'm just surprised at the prices those who belong to the "system" are able to charge.

D
Redsy, keyword was "elderly man".

Not saying all of you do this, but in my area, that is the norm. Prices seem to be charged per age. The older someone is, the more it costs.

(and be careful Reds, you may get e-mails from you know who)

Dnk.....

S
Hello, I just wanted to say that flat rate pricing is good for both the contractor and the customer. there is nothing more to discuss here is the price here is what you get. my techs are able to price the job when they are on site and get approval with out having a ten minute call to the shop on pricing for a service upgrade or just adding a switch, we call this menu pricing. some of the most commonly performed work with cost average for each item and compile a number. Yeh you may lose on 1 job and make money on the other ten.
john

C
I am flatrating since 4 years and have good experience with it.
Done in the right way-under concideration of ethical standards every customer knows the price before they order any work.They have a fair chance to say thanks, but no thanks.
What pricing system is used doesn't matter
both have to be applied in a proper way.
I can take someone over with flatrate as much as I can with T&M.It is the person on the job making that decision,not the pricing system used.
However i think the point teraohm is making here is,how far is the tech entitlet to a cut out of that top level hr calculation?
and i think that question is legitimate.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard